4K genie mini possible bug

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brandon_m

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Tennessee
This setting on my mini genie keeps resetting itself back to "gray" each time I back out of the screen. I changed it to black because on gray it shows a gray screen in th delay between changing channels or opening a menu/guide. As black it's not as distracting, but each time the box is turned off it goes back to gray from black.
3eaffc0c9e43a7912b35de0ac499dba8.jpg
14c00dfdb6891006025c58c52a063d42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: whitewolf8214
There are two different ways in which sidebars can be generated .
If you are watching an HD channel but it is broadcasting SD material, the station creates the sidebars and your receiver CANNOT change the color.
If you are watching an SD channel, your receiver creates the sidebars and you can change the color.

Are you confusing the two situations?

There are two different ways in which sidebars can be generated .
If you are watching an HD channel but it is broadcasting SD material, the station creates the sidebars and your receiver CANNOT change the color.
If you are watching an SD channel, your receiver creates the sidebars and you can change the color.

Are you confusing the two situations?

the second picture answers your question. if his background color was set to black, the non-tv portion there would be black instead of grey.

i think this is a by-product of the last update the mini's got for the banner/no programming issue they were having.

Correct. This issue is only present on my 4K genie mini. There are a few settings that reset themselves after going into stand by mode or after I turn the box off. Native mode(which I leave off anyway), tv resolutions(I always uncheck 720p and it rechecks itself after a reboot) and the sound effects volume(always goes back to medium instead of low).

This setting on my mini genie keeps resetting itself back to "gray" each time I back out of the screen. I changed it to black because on gray it shows a gray screen in th delay between changing channels or opening a menu/guide. As black it's not as distracting, but each time the box is turned off it goes back to gray from black.
3eaffc0c9e43a7912b35de0ac499dba8.jpg
14c00dfdb6891006025c58c52a063d42.jpg

Thanks for heads up appreciate it!

Same here . ( Revert back / grey ).
Since install I've " messed with" this setting uncountable times.
Still grey after just resetting everything again and came straight here to this forum and low & behold --- this thread front and center.

However in consideration of the above post,
I just check "sound effects" setting and here it has remained set
at "low" .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)