A couple receiver problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kanderna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Hi All,

Experiencing a couple (possibly related) issues this week, hoping someone has thoughts...

Setup: HR54-700, C61K-700, HR23, HR22, HR20

First issue. I went to use the HR20 the other day to find 771 error. Did lots of things... swapped receiver locations, swapped DECA units, and nothing. Gotta be the receiver, right? The odd part is after I reset the receiver (still getting 771) the lights on the DECA unit would light up every 45-60 seconds, and even the network light on the receiver would flicker. Then would go off about 5 seconds later. The lights seemed to do this non-stop and I assumed I had a dead receiver on my hands. Was looking up my account yesterday and noticed the HR20 was showing as connected to the internet. I got home and sure enough, DECA lights were all lit. I could see all receivers in the list, and it could be seen by the others. But still had 771 error.

Second issue. Yesterday ALL other receivers were showing probably 30% of program info in the guide as "Title Not Available" or in the case of a few HBO channels "Upcoming: <name of show>." I'd turn to HBO2 and the content was actually TLC. Super weird. I've since unplugged the HR20 (from issue above) and reset all receivers, and this problem seems to have been fixed.

So... 1) Are the issues related, and 2) Is my HR20 dead? Looks like I may be able to plug it in and access the content if I really want to, but don't want to if it's causing the weird second problem.

I only ask about the issues being related because when I Googled "Title Not Available" I stumbled onto a thread somewhere where a guy had the same issue with all of his receivers and he found one with a 771 error.

Thanks!

How are all these receivers connected to DirecTV? What dish /multiswitch? If you have too many tuners connected, an HR20 will give you a 771 ......

Yep, a few details I missed.

This is a new install as a result of the mover's program. SL3 dish. Everything was working just fine until a few days ago.

Still need answers.....a regular SL3 dish can only support 8 tuners without an external multiswitch, the newer LNBs can support 13..
And which HR20 is this, the Hr20-100 needs a special DECA setup.

This is the HR20-700. Is there a best way to tell which dish I have? Not at the house now, but could probably recall some details.

You need to know the dish and LNB type, and if you have an external multiswitch which one. You can't really get this info without being there.

with 11 tuners and a C61k, survey says its a 3DR LNB. if the deca on the HR20 is nice and snug on both coax connections, then more then likely its a dying HR20. the lights on the deca pretty much tell the story, if they're flickering on and off it means its not getting proper power from the STB. and dont go by the website saying if its connected or not, it doesnt update real time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts