775 on HR44 but not on HR24, not sure what to change

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rockstead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Earth
I have the 775 code on just my HR44, I verified and my HR24 is working fine.

I unplugged / re-plugged the power inserter, rebooted the HR44 and same thing.

I'm using a 8 port switch for distribution cables to rooms, my dish is a SWM5, one wire comes down to the 8-way switch from roof.

What is likely the problem?

Are the unused ports on the splitter (assuming you meant splitter and not switch) terminated. Either way, have you tried using other ports?

Are the unused ports on the splitter (assuming you meant splitter and not switch) terminated. Either way, have you tried using other ports?

There are unused ports, I haven't tried using other ports yet, is that a common problem / solution?

I'm not sure if they are terminated, they have these rubber thing on them, here is a picture.

IMG_20160725_192008.jpg

To get it to work, I have unplugged the power inserter for a long time, but I'm not sure if that is what solves it because a short term unplug didn't help in this particular instance.

It's happening again tonight on the one receiver, I ran the receiver test, Diagnostic code 51-404 SWM not detected.

There are unused ports, I haven't tried using other ports yet, is that a common problem / solution?

I'm not sure if they are terminated, they have these rubber thing on them, here is a picture.

View attachment 119022
Those are terminators with rubber boots. You might try a different port, one of them could be bad.

Logic says that if the Hr24 is fine, and the HR44 is not, then it is :
A faulty cable/connector between the HR44 and the splitter
An Hr44 issue

Swap the cables at the splitter and see if the problem moves
swap the receivers as Claude says and see if the problem moves

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)