4K instalation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mpinales

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Ohio
I'm trying to place an order and getting info that seems wrong. If I get a new genie for my new 4k tv that is dirctv setup (SAMSUNG) do I need anything else? I want my other set still hooked up to the HR24. The last time I called they said I need something else. I have 1 4k and one non 4k

Your 4K TV needs to be RVU compliant. If it ain't, the HR54 needs a C61 mini to bring live DirecTV 4K to your TV. So far the Genie can't directly deliver 4K. It needs a client that is either a mini or built into the TV.

If you go with the Samsung RVU client then you'll need a DECA that connects the DIRECTV coax cable to the ethernet port on the TV, you can't use ethernet along (at least to do the initial install). But I'd recommend just going with the C61K since it can do a couple things the client can't do like Screen Fit aspect ratio or stacking of skip/skip commands for example. Also in case of any problems it eliminates the finger pointing that will occur when Samsung says it's a DIRECTV problem or DIRECTV says it's a Samsung problem.

FYI, with a genie and rvu/c61k on 1 tv, it will have 2 fees of $7 each instead of one

The HR54 only has an HDMI 1.4 the C61K is the only receiver with 2.2 Hdmi connection- That needs to be connected to the 4K 2.2 HDMI input (most TV's) only have one 2.2 Compliant HDMI port so be sure you know which on it is.

To be clear a C61K cost per month is $7
RVU TV connection is $7 per month

You can only use one or the other one 4k set so it will result in one additional charge of $7 - Using a c61k Mini Software is controlled by D* -for upgrades- Connection RVU software is controlled by the TV mfg and only supported while that TV is "NEW" as soon as the next year model comes out -The MFG drops support for Your old TV like a Rock.

So if you have a 4K tv With the built in RVU client, does it display the 4K channels ?

Can the RVU inside certain televisions be better than just connecting up a client?

yep, the rvu is a client, but is not exactly like a c61k

some people say their tv is faster than a c61k, some say its slower

I'm trying to place an order and getting info that seems wrong. If I get a new genie for my new 4k tv that is dirctv setup (SAMSUNG) do I need anything else? I want my other set still hooked up to the HR24. The last time I called they said I need something else. I have 1 4k and one non 4k
I had my installation today. Thanks to everyone who responded. I told the installer what to do. He never heard of an AM21. He called his supervisor who said there isn't any by that name. My installer said it had the D logo. After being put on hold about 5 min. the supervisor said it won't work with the genie or the client.I told him what you guys told me. THEY BOTH WORK! I now have the 4K client (looks great) the HR54 and a HR24 all hooked up on 3 TV's. THANKS AGAIN.

Since Directv doesn't support the AM21 anymore, you won't find many installers that know much about them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)