4K Joey analog audio output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Altitudinous

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 6, 2020
Northern NM, Northeast FL
I just added a purchased 4kJ as another occasional-use client to the H3. This time, I've re-energized a vintage late 70s Pioneer SX-780 receiver
with my vintage Polk Monitor 11 speakers purchased in 1982, and a fairly vintage Samsung plasma. The Samsung rather dumbly does not have
audio outputs, so I tapped in to the internal speaker leads followed by a speaker-to-line level converter, but I don't like how that output sounds.

So, the real question is...using the analog audio outs on the 4kJ to the Pioneer receiver, I do not have remote control of the volume. I have to go
over and operate the hefty knobs of the silver-faced unit, which is actually a good thing. But if I wanted to control the level of the 4kJ's analog outputs, it seems
that they are fixed, and that the Dish 54.0 remote I'm using with it does not present a way to do that. It just wants to control the volume of a TV or an audio amp or soundbar.

Anyone know if the 4kJ can have its line level outputs controlled by a remote?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)