4K Joey and 4K HDMI cable Needed for New 4K TVs??

ibhipru2

Original poster
Nov 19, 2020
Longview, Texas
I recently purchased two Samsung 4K TVs. We currently have the H3 and 3.0 Joey. My wie's TV was installed today on the Joey and the installer used the existing HDMI cable that was attached from the Joey to the prior 2K TV. We do occassionally stream Netflix. Do I need to upgrade to the 4K Joey? Also, do I need a 4K UltraHD and HDR compatible HDMI? Would the 4K Joey affect in any positive way the picture quality while viewing non 4K content?

I recently purchased two Samsung 4K TVs. We currently have the H3 and 3.0 Joey. My wie's TV was installed today on the Joey and the installer used the existing HDMI cable that was attached from the Joey to the prior 2K TV. We do occassionally stream Netflix. Do I need to upgrade to the 4K Joey? Also, do I need a 4K UltraHD and HDR compatible HDMI? Would the 4K Joey affect in any positive way the picture quality while viewing non 4K content?
The HDMI Cables that come with the Dish Receivers are capable of high speed, 4K HDMI. 4K Joeys are not HDR Compatable

The HDMI Cables that come with the Dish Receivers are capable of high speed, 4K HDMI. 4K Joeys are not HDR Compatable
What effect will a 4K Joey have on the general quality of picture. Under what circumstances, given the limited existence of 4K programming, would a 4K Joey benefit a user?

What effect will a 4K Joey have on the general quality of picture. Under what circumstances, given the limited existence of 4K programming, would a 4K Joey benefit a user?
I really don't see any benefit because of that fact; the lack of 4K Programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)