4k joey question

I don't believe it is hardware. I am able to watch Amazon Prime programming with 4K/HDR as well as recordings that were 4K/HDR from my Hopper's EHD on my 4K Joey. So, it is not hardware and it is not MoCa...

I don't believe it is hardware. I am able to watch Amazon Prime programming with 4K/HDR as well as recordings of the Olympics that were 4K/HDR from my Hopper's EHD on my 4K Joey. So, it is not hardware and it is not MoCa...
OK thanks. I am going to delete my post.

IS 4KHDR a software problem or a hardware problem??

I believe the problem lies with the HDR handshaking required for the Television.
I have a Sony XBR65-900E TV.
My Hopper3 is connected to HDMI port 3.
The HDR mode is set to Auto.

For Amazon Prime movies on the Hopper3 such as The Courier HDR is detected and is utilized as HDR10.

For Netflix movies on the Hopper3 such as Animal HDR is not detected and it is not used. I can manually change the HDR mode from Auto to HDR10 and then it is used correctly.

For the same Netflix movie streamed directly to my Sony TV HDR is correctly detected while in Auto mode and HDR10 is used.

For Dish 4K HDR programs recorded on 540-02 such as the 2018 FIFA World Cup matches HDR is correctly detected while in Auto mode and HDR10 is used.

So the problem for my TV appears to be the handshaking that is required for HDR to be recognized. Of course this may be different for other TV models. So HDR can be a challenge for Dish to properly use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts