Please reply by conversation.

pokey31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Pickerington, OH
I found this on DTV website:

What do I need to enjoy DIRECTV 4K?
To enjoy DIRECTV 4K, you need the following: A Genie HD DVR (Model HR34 and above). It is strongly recommended to connect the Genie to the Internet since a connected HD DVR offers the best 4K ente...

I have the H34 and I also have a newer Samsung 4K TV that I am already running as a DTV RVU client. I keep reading everywhere that you must have a H54. Will someone shed light on this confusing message from DTV's own website?

Thanks.

I found this on DTV website:

What do I need to enjoy DIRECTV 4K?
To enjoy DIRECTV 4K, you need the following: A Genie HD DVR (Model HR34 and above). It is strongly recommended to connect the Genie to the Internet since a connected HD DVR offers the best 4K ente...

I have the H34 and I also have a newer Samsung 4K TV that I am already running as a DTV RVU client. I keep reading everywhere that you must have a H54. Will someone shed light on this confusing message from DTV's own website?

Thanks.
I have never heard you could do 4K with a HR34, or a HR44 for that matter.

An Hr34 or an HR44 plus a 4K RVU or a C61K will do 4K PPV OK. And that's all there is right now. So the DirecTv website is correct. But it does NOT cover what will happen when DirectV starts linear 4K, for that you will need an HR54. See my post in this thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/directv-hr54-question.357353/

So the DirecTV web site is CORRECT for what things are now but confusing for those people who are interested in what is coming.

If you want live 4k, you will need an HR54 and a C61 or rvu 4k television. For vod, and Genie will work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)