4K Playback issue on Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gjolsen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
New Hampshire
Trying to playback Defiance 4K that I downloaded from On Demand. Video will not playback. Every time I try to play it, my Hopper 3 will display a blank screen, and will lock up for a minute or so until I press the back button enough times to get out of the playback mode.

Has anyone encountered any issues with Dish 4K content?

I have the same issue and can verify my tv is capable of 4K (Samsung UN48JU6500). When I try to get Defiance a message says "your tvs resolution is not compatible with this event or you did not confirm the rental in the required time. Select Yes to rent this event in a compatible resolution for your tv." My Hopper 3 is connected via hdmi to my audio receiver then via hdmi to the tv. Could the issue be the receiver? It's predates 4K.

Nah not a firehose. 25MB is slow considering I have a 150 mb/s connection and thats probably slow for other people. :D
My connection is not the fastest - 30 MB/15 MB. Getting that changed tomorrow to a 100 MB/50 MB connection. The download as it stands now takes forever for 4K content, so I'm hoping that this will improve with the higher speeds that I have coming. If I wait long enough, it seems that it downloads properly, but when I go to play it - my screen blanks out, and it's almost like the receiver is freezing up on me. My other concern is that my internet connection for my Hopper is going through via a WiFi connection and not through a hard wired connection. Again, I'm hoping the new speeds I'm getting with my internet provider will help.

I have 25mbs DSL and the TV apps and Roku 4 both steam 4k just fine from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and YouTube. The Hopper just says insufficient bandwidth when I try to play 4k VOD. It's not a big issue because content is available elsewhere, and linear 4k won't be using Internet whenever it appears. But, I'm wondering why the Hopper 3 doesn't use the available speed.

I also have a Sony TV but have not tried 4k content. Will try tonight. I have the XBR65X850B.

One thing I have noticed is that in H3 diagnostics it shows my Sony as a 1080p device. Should it not be showing 4k?

Thanks Scott.
Just so I understand how the whole 4K/1080p/1080i/720p mode works, I am guessing the H3 upconverts everything to 1080p.
All menus and UI are always in 1080p. Only 4k content triggers the box to 4k mode, correct?

Thanks Scott.
Just so I understand how the whole 4K/1080p/1080i/720p mode works, I am guessing the H3 upconverts everything to 1080p.
All menus and UI are always in 1080p. Only 4k content triggers the box to 4k mode, correct?

That is correct. And when the Hopper 3 is in 4K mode the other outputs are turned off on the box.

I'm not sure that is truly correct. When you are set 1080I/1080P/4K mode, the H3 will output all programming except 1080P and 4K (like video on demand) specific programming in 1080I.

I just tried 4K content and it worked, however upon exiting 4K mode the receiver froze and was stuck on a black screen. Had to manually reset.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)