4K Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This seems like a pretty simple technical question that somebody affiliated with"D" could answer. I watched some of my recording last night and it sure looked like it originally did on channel 106.

If you recorded it on a HR54 and played it back on a C61K or 4K RVU client then it will play back in 4K, at least it does on mine.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Jimbo
This seems like a pretty simple technical question that somebody affiliated with"D" could answer. I watched some of my recording last night and it sure looked like it originally did on channel 106.
Actually, if your able to watch it on channel 106 it would be in 4K, other wise it wouldn't be available to you on that channel.
I watched it on another channel (probably Audience) and it looked very good !

Question to those of you with the 4k set up.
If you don't have a client/rvu set up, should any of the 4K channels show up ?
I'm thinking not.

Actually, if your able to watch it on channel 106 it would be in 4K, other wise it wouldn't be available to you on that channel.
Yep. I recorded it off of channel 106 and the recording looked just like the original to us. I specifically chose this show to watch and record because it was performed in June of 2016 at Yankee Stadium so I thought they would be using the best equipment. It was very very sharp. Reference quality if you want to show someone what 4K looks like. Really an eye popper.

It was Audience and it looked fantastic upscaled to 4K from the HR44.

Check the resolution on the TV during playback. Every TV is different in regards to how to do that. Some simply show it by pressing the info button. Not mine. If I change inputs it will flash up the resolution. I have done that testing the native function to see the TV display all the different resolutions. Back and forth between OTA and Directv just to see it show different resolutions. It will even label SD and HD on many TVs, so I assume it would show 4K.

If you still have the concert on the your DVR, play it, change inputs on your TV, and maybe it will display the 4K resolution. I am not sure how the resolution screen is on the HR54/4K client looks, but I assume it has 480p, 720p, 1080i/p, and 4K (is it 2160?) to check off. Personal curiosity: can you just check 4K and everything is upscaled that way? Just like the HR44 can with HD by showing everything including SD scaled up to to 1080i, with native off...

Sorry that more of us don't have the answer, not as many people have the 4K system as some on these forums will make it seem. I certainly have no interest in that set up. Rad said it's 4K. I would hope it's 4K. That would be like if my HD DVR recorded everything in SD, in a way.

Last edited:
If you can watch the original in 4K, you can record it 4K and watch the recording in 4K. At least that is the case with an HR54 and a C61K at my house.

If you can watch the original in 4K, you can record it 4K and watch the recording in 4K. At least that is the case with an HR54 and a C61K at my house.
Thanks A1k. That answers my question. Basically the HR54 can record and play back in 4K. Obviously that is not information shared by all since an earlier response was that the HR54 could not play back 4K.

Thanks A1k. That answers my question. Basically the HR54 can record and play back in 4K. Obviously that is not information shared by all since an earlier response was that the HR54 could not play back 4K.
The difference is that you cannot do Live 4k with the 54, you have to download it ... from the way I understand it.

No! You can not play back 4k on an HR54. Even downloaded 4K content. You have to play back or watch through a client.
Oh, I thought you could download 4k on the HR54, My bad, thanks for the correction.
So you cannot watch 4k on a 54 without the 61 ?

The regular c61 won't do it. Only the c61K can do 4K. The question is. If you record a 4K show onto the HR54's hard drive via a c61K is the hard drive actually accepting the 4K quality feed and in turn able to play it back through the c61K?

The C61K is doing nothing except for scheduling any program to record. If you say to record a 4K program then that is what is recorded and then if you play that recording on the C61K, or 4K RVU client TV then that playback is of that 4K recording.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

What happens if you put a 61k together with a HR44 ?
Just asking, can it do the same thing then as the 54 ?

I should have said 61k in post 17.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)