4K question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Do you need an HR54 or can you get channels 104, 105, and 106 with an HR44 and a rb lnb? I know eventually an HR54 will be required when 4K goes linear.

You need the HR54 or HS17 in order to view the live 4K channels (104,105,106), all you can get on the HR44 is any on demand 4K programming, and the RBLNB is not required at this time.

Reactions: TermiNader
You need the HR54 or the HS17 AND a C61K client. If you upgrade your equipment it's highly likely (from my experience as well as other posts I've read) that the reverse band LNB will be part of the install.

You need the HR54 or HS17 in order to view the live 4K channels (104,105,106), all you can get on the HR44 is any on demand 4K programming, and the RBLNB is not required at this time.

Actually, the reverse band LNB is now required for all 4k installs unless you have internationals. Even that requirement may be going away sense a solution is now in place. Reverse Band is coming sooner than later.

Actually, the reverse band LNB is now required for all 4k installs unless you have internationals. Even that requirement may be going away sense a solution is now in place. Reverse Band is coming sooner than later.
Yes, this is true id the OP was getting new hardware installed by DIRECTV, but if they had a HR44 then they can view 4K DoD programming, and they can currently view live 4K programming on a HR54 without a RBLNB, which is what I said. What part of that response is not correct?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)