4K TV and Joey3

Kirk1233

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I just got a 4K TV and Dish channels on a Joey 3 look subpar. Streamed content on my Roku Ultra looks awesome. Would getting a Joey 4K or finding a way to connect the H3 to this TV help, even though all of the live TV isn’t 4K content?

The picture of a Joey 3 doing 1080i HD content should be as good as a Hopper 3. Obviously it will not be able to do 4K content.

I would check the following:
1) Make sure that the video resolution on the Joey 3 is set at 1080p or 1080i and the aspect ratio is 16:9
2) Use Adjust screen to make sure the corner circles are on the screen edges.

When the Dish tech set up the wireless Joey at my sister's house, the video resolution was set at 480i. When I corrected the setting to 1080p or 1080i my sister was surprised since the picture was as good as the Hopper 3 picture.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

thanks. It was at 1080p. Guess streaming PQ is spoiling me ;(

The picture of a Joey 3 doing 1080i HD content should be as good as a Hopper 3. Obviously it will not be able to do 4K content.

I would check the following:
1) Make sure that the video resolution on the Joey 3 is set at 1080p or 1080i and the aspect ratio is 16:9
2) Use Adjust screen to make sure the corner circles are on the screen edges.

When the Dish tech set up the wireless Joey at my sister's house, the video resolution was set at 480i. When I corrected the setting to 1080p or 1080i my sister was surprised since the picture was as good as the Hopper 3 picture.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!