4k TV without HDR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kenvols

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Will I be able to watch the super bowl if my 4K TV doesn't have HDR. Before I haven't been able to watch any 4k content because my 4k TV doesn't have HDR. When Dish first started broadcasting 4k content I was able to watch it on my Hopper 3, then they changed to the HDR requirement and my TV wasn't compatible.

Scuttlebutt is that the Super Bowl will be on Dish channel 540-1 which is a non-HDR 4K channel.

BTY, somehow I was able to view the Olympics last year on my old Hitachi RPCRT on channel 540-2 (HDR channel) by a certain sequence of clicks that I've forgotten but the picture was rather washed out looking. I can't reproduce it because I no longer have that TV.

Reactions: KaptainRandom
Tell me if I'm wrong. Maybe accurate color representation with HDR is not as exciting as boosted color and contrast settings that you might have with normal color on your TV.

Scuttlebutt is that the Super Bowl will be on Dish channel 540-1 which is a non-HDR 4K channel.

BTY, somehow I was able to view the Olympics last year on my old Hitachi RPCRT on channel 540-2 (HDR channel) by a certain sequence of clicks that I've forgotten but the picture was rather washed out looking. I can't reproduce it because I no longer have that TV.

It’s on the Non-HDR channel, I’ve already set the DVR to record all the pregame nonsense plus the Super Bowl.

Wish it would’ve been HDR but at least we have the 4K Option!

It’s on the Non-HDR channel, I’ve already set the DVR to record all the pregame nonsense plus the Super Bowl.

Wish it would’ve been HDR but at least we have the 4K Option!

I may do this also. I did not know if 4K could be recorded or not. Where I live at there will be a Super Bowl party, so I may go to it and record it to watch later.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I may do this also. I did not know if 4K could be recorded or not. Where I live at there will be a Super Bowl party, so I may go to it and record it to watch later.
I have a Super Bowl timer set on the local FOX channel and the 4K 540-01 channel. But I am going to watch it live on my Fire Stick unless DISH decides to run it on the HDR 540-02 channel. I sure hope they do it. Come on Charlie, punt!! Give us a nice field goal. :oops:

Reactions: TheLip
I click on the non hdr channel 540-1 and it says not supported even though I used to watch this channel for 4K before they switched to hdr requirement. I have all the right equipment, I watch 4K from my fire tv cube with no problem.

I click on the non hdr channel 540-1 and it says not supported even though I used to watch this channel for 4K before they switched to hdr requirement. I have all the right equipment, I watch 4K from my fire tv cube with no problem.
OK, let’s see if we can figure this out. First, how do you have your Hopper 3 wired to your TV? Is it direct or does it go through an AVR first? You say your Fire Cube works fine. How is that wired to the TV?

Reactions: TheKrell
OK, let’s see if we can figure this out. First, how do you have your Hopper 3 wired to your TV? Is it direct or does it go through an AVR first? You say your Fire Cube works fine. How is that wired to the TV?
It goes through a Denon 4k avr so does the Hopper 3

It goes through a Denon 4k avr so does the Hopper 3
OK, I'm going to assume that your Hopper 3 TV setting is at 4K, 1080P, 1080i. Do you have a way to easily move the output of the Denon, toward the TV, to the output of the Hopper 3? That should give you a direct feed from the Hopper to the TV. Now go to channel 540-01 and see if you can get a Super Bowl splash screen. If you do the issue is with the Denon, if not it's the Hopper itself. Just to let you know I have a similar wiring scheme. Hopper 3 to a Denon X2300W to a Vizio P75-C1 and my system works just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts