4k using c61k and Denon AVR-X4000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
So I just got a 4k TV and I am trying to use it with my denon Avr-x4000. But it isn't allowing 4k.I found an article on ATT forums saying that even the the denon supports 4k, it won't work because it isn't HDMI 2.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

So I just got a 4k TV and I am trying to use it with my denon Avr-x4000. But it isn't allowing 4k.I found an article on ATT forums saying that even the the denon supports 4k, it won't work because it isn't HDMI 2.

Any info on this would be appreciated.
Are you using the correct hdmi input on the television? Not all are 4k compatible. Check your manual.

I'll check, but I don't think that is it. I am using a Sony XBR75x940E TV.
From everything I am reading, the Denon X4000 doesn't support HDCP 2.2.
I am wondering if that could be a firmware upgrade.

I have a Denon 5200. It is not HDCP 2.2 either. I have the HDMI from the C61K going directly to the TV and I am using the digital coax from the C61K to the Denon for the sound. You could use an optical cable instead of the coax (I think the C61K has both coax and optical).

Reactions: I WANT MORE
The Denon Avr-x4000 is four years old. No way it's 4k compatible.

It says 4K right on it. Apparently just not 4K with HDCP which is misleading and makes the receiver kind of useless with 4K.
I found a used AVR-x4200.

BTW before I buy the 4200, does the receiver have to support HDR?

BTW before I buy the 4200, does the receiver have to support HDR?
I have the Denon x4200w and also the Directv C61K.

The x4200w is HDCP 2.2 compliant and supports 4K HDR10 pass though (we might even get HDR from Directv someday).

It was also just announced that the x4200w will get a firmware update next summer so that it can pass through both Dolby Vision and HLG.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
In the c61k settings there is a test for HDR, so it seems like directv is supporting HDR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts