4K What's the Deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
TBS 6903, EBS Pro, and PotPlayer, but I do not have a UHD display, only 1080. Looks great though...
Cham,

What video card do you have? I have a TBS 6983, EBSPro & Pot Player on a moderately fast i3 with a middle-of-the-road graphics card (monitor is only HD), but the display of NASA stutters. If I record with TSRecorder (or whatever it's called in EBSPro), and then play back with Pot Player, it's a lot smoother on the video, but the audio stutters.

Also, I have VLC set up as the default player in EBSPro, but want to change it to Pot. I can't remember or find out how to do this. Is it simply whatever player is set up as player 1?

I am using a geforce GT710, I7-4790@3.6GHz processor on an Asus Z97K MB. Plays smoothly here. If I feel like eventually updating the monitor I would then have to add a 4K capable GTX type card to get use out of it I suppose... No hurry though, works as well as I am happy with at this time. We have two Samsung TVs , the one I usually use is over 5 years old and running perfectly, the other is a bit newer. Difficult to justify upgrading TVs for 4K at this time with such limited content. I still use a Sony Trinitron CRT TV in the shack here for ATSC (stb receiver) and satellite.

Maybe removing VLC from player 1 and re-installing it in player 2 would work, and remove potplayer form #2 and set up in #1 instead...

I also use smartDVB and DVBDream to play sometimes, think SmartDVB updated their app lately and it plays UHD content a bit better than it used to, but still freezes once in a while. DVBDream plays too but freezes once in a while, and occasionally stops. I am not sure if these issues are video card related or codec issues. Once again I should indicate I am not using a UHD capable display, card output is 1080P when playing these.

I purchased a wetek play 2 and received it just before christmas so i could try out the 4k stuff. I havent had a lot of time to mess with it yet, and since i only have a cellular wifi hot spot at my shop I didnt update the box as it appears a lot of the issues i was having trying to scan in transponders is due to the STB needing updated. I also read someplace that i may need to download and install something in kodi (which i know absolutely nothing about) in order to scan in the channels "easier" then the software encoded on the wetek tv app. So far i have basically brought the thing home and updated it, and installed netflix. Ill try this box again when i have some more time and see how well it does, but apparently it only can receive up to 8 ASPK. If nothing else we have a better box for viewing digital content we have already purchased. We like our roku, but it seems to be getting slower as time wears on and i figured even if this wetek only will run the ku setup it will do more then the roku does so why not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)