4x1 Diseqc switch blinks in and out when I hook up all LNBs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

realbigmike

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2009
north america
I hooked 3 LNB into my simple 4x1 diseqc switch and everything was working until I hooked up 2 more LNB with 22khz.

I put the 22khz switch between the diseqc and the LNB.

This gives me 5 LNB through the 4x1 switch and all work but the picture randomly locks up now for upto 10 or 15 seconds. It comes in and out and seems to be at random times. There 'appears' to be signal strength but it is like the switch is resetting or flipping to a different LNB.

I swapped out my switches and I get the same issue.

Anyone seen this issue before? I couldnt find anything with Search, perhaps it is too specific of a problem. Help ?!

Mike,

I had a problem similar to yours. Turned out to be a weakness in my OpenBox receiver. Worked ok with a few switch/lnb combinations, but when I added a 22k switch and two more lnb's it would go on and off. I did some testing, found that the 22k switch passes voltage to both ports at all times. Two lnb's were doubling the load on the weakened receiver. The dealer I bought it from replaced it under warranty, new box does fine, I can connect the switches and lnb's any way I want now, plenty of power.

obscure and unlikely

I like the answers above better, but... there is one other thing ya might look into.

You didn't say what your receiver was or what firmware it had.
I seem to recall some years ago, that some hacker firmware on some receivers, would auto-hunt much like a DishNetwork receiver to determine what was hooked up to it.
It'd go through all the possible switch combinations it knew about.
If you don't have factory firmware, I'd get it.

Thanks for the tips guys!
I swapped out my boxes and still had the same problem. I had a handful of diseqc switches from over the years so I kept on trying them and one finally worked.

Even when grounded those things are pretty crappy if u run more than 1 or 2 lnb through them.

Unfortunately the switch that worked isnt 100% reliable, it jams up now and then. I may have to buy some higher end switches, even though the sat fox ones I bought were recommended. I also tried some other brands like chieta and viewsat but those all were poor or useless. Emp Centauri is what I have heard people recomending over the years.

I have the switch less than 10' from the boxes and indoors. The switch is grounded.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts