4x8 Multiswitch 18V "Naughty Mod" Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jduffin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
Salt Lake City, Utah
I picked up a Zinwell MS4X8WB-Z multiswitch off of the bay to do the 18V power mod to each LNB port. I am having a hard time figuring out how to open it up to do the mod. There is some white silicone sealant around the back cover perimeter and a single screw near the top in the middle. I removed the screw and the silicon, but the cover doesn't seem to want to come off.

Has anyone performed this mod to this particular switch? Any advice?

i modded that switch. i was only able to mod the 22khz "on" side. the back plate is pressed into a recessed groove around its perimeter. you need to drive a flat tool into the groove and pry the plate out. its not that easy to open. i think the regulator for the 0khz side is on the hidden side of the circuit board and it would be alot of work to get to. (you will see when you get inside).

crackt out,.

Thanks crackt -- I'll give it a try.

That is actaully fine that I can only modify one side of the switch. My plans are to upgrade to a ortho feed for C band (hence the need for the 18V mod) but continue to use my Invocom QFP-031 for ku -- which means I'll still need 13V/18V to the LNB to controll the polarity.

The WNC 4x8 that Pendragon described in the original thread, had screw-on plates, front and back.
Plus, I think all the mods were on one side anyway.
And if you read the thread, they were available quite inexpensively.

I agree that adding more mods for more switches is a great idea.
This one seemed a little less desirable, even though it'll work.
So, if ya got one, it'd be nice to have pictures and the description.
But for future adventurers, there are two pretty well documented solutions. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)