5-07-08 HD Rumors.

I'm hopeful they will be adding the other NBC Universal HD channels soon. With all the Olympics coverage that will be spread across these other channels, I don't want to miss anything just because Dish is not carrying the channel... There's still plenty of time, but we all know what "soon" means, so I hope we get them sooner than "soon"... :)

Speaking of the Olympics, I saw a commercial during the KY Derby saing that their going to be on multiple channels besides just NBC. The only one's that I can remember off hand were MSNBC which ain't in HD but USA is which I thought is pretty cool but they're a few other networks that will be showing the games too.

I've tried to get my kids into the Voom animation channel so I can switch to the HD only but they're into 'Ben 10' (Cartoon Network) too much. It's the only TV show they really watch but it gets recorded onto the DVR and they'll watch it over and over and over again until the next new show comes on the following week. I'm afraid the Disney stuff won't help too much.

Anyway, I'm looking for Cartoon Network so I can go HD only. My British wife said she can live without BBC America and I can go without Fox News and without the RSNs at least until football season (if that issue is not fixed by the end of September then HD only is out for me). There are no other channels we watch enough to care about. So right now, I'm just looking for Cartoon Network even though there's no HD content.

Don't know if this will happen on Dish as well, but I heard on other platforms, ESPNEWS HD has been iffy at best with many occurrences of video and audio drops.

Well I see that the Weather Channel is getting their new HD Studio built and will be in service on June 2nd. It would be nice if Dish can get their HD Channel up and running before June.. :)

whats the point of Toon Disney HD? Certainly there won't be any shows in HD. Same with Disney channel I'd assume.

I don't think kids really care about HD or picture quality.

I think most people want Disney/Nick/etc in HD so that it is part of the HD standalone package. When we get them, I'll probably still record stuff for my daughter on the SD simulcast.

whats the point of Toon Disney HD? Certainly there won't be any shows in HD. Same with Disney channel I'd assume.
Let's see starting at 8pm tonight:

Toon Disney HD: Yin Yang Yo, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!, Get Ed, Legend of Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch, Brandy & Mr Whiskers, House of Mouse (7 episodes), The replacements, American Dragon Jake Long

Disney Channel HD: The replacements, American Dragon Jake Long, The Emperors New School, Kim Possible, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, Mickey Mouse Club House, Lilo & Stitch

Cartoon Network HD: ..... (cue the sound of crickets)

While I have no interest in a Disney or Toon Disney HD; if it is a matter of actual HD content, the Disneys aren't the worst possible addition.