5/18/2011 1:46pm - Uplink Activity Report - 44 changes

i only saw one new HD Channel which is Veria so not much else.Scott told me Bloomberg is up and testing i wish someone would turn that one also.now if we can get WFNHD back i will be happy.i cannot stand to watch a SD Channel that has a HD Channel one of these days all the SD Channels will be gone and there will be only HD Channels.

Dish sent me this a little while ago.
Hey Allen, we know how important your HD channels are. We are working to balance our customers' needs while maintaining flexibility to launch new channels.

i know how important HD Channels are i keep requesting HD Channels to you guys everyday.but do not take a channel off like WFNHD since it is a popular channel for us fishermen and i enjpy watching it very much.I know that you want to balance our needs but you need to find some way to add channel capacity how about getting rid of the SD companions of HD Channels that way you will have more bandwidth for us folks who want more HD Channels.at the end of this month Directv will be adding alot more Cinemax and HBO Channels in HD.i want to see Dish become a big winner at HD Channels.I am sorry i am ranting on my friends i just had to get somethings off my chest.

Dish sent me this a little while ago.
Hey Allen, we know how important your HD channels are. We are working to balance our customers' needs while maintaining flexibility to launch new channels.

i know how important HD Channels are i keep requesting HD Channels to you guys everyday.but do not take a channel off like WFNHD since it is a popular channel for us fishermen and i enjpy watching it very much.I know that you want to balance our needs but you need to find some way to add channel capacity how about getting rid of the SD companions of HD Channels that way you will have more bandwidth for us folks who want more HD Channels.at the end of this month Directv will be adding alot more Cinemax and HBO Channels in HD.i want to see Dish become a big winner at HD Channels.I am sorry i am ranting on my friends i just had to get somethings off my chest.

In terms of HBO, DirecTV is adding HBO Comedy (E) HD and HBO Latino (E) HD. Dish actually has both already. In terms of Max, DirecTV is adding MoreMax (E) HD, ActionMax (E) HD, and ThrillerMax HD. Dish has ActionMax (E) HD and the SD feed of MoreMax. However, Dish does not have ThrillerMax, but Dish does off 5starmax HD. They could make that $13/month worthwile for Max subs by adding thrillermax, outermax, wmax, and @max, though.

Since dish is always adding channels and then taking something away and not have the capacity to put the rsn's on 24/7, I think it is time to dump Ea and Wa what a waste of bandwith if you ask me. There has to be a better way then to mirror the same channels on 2 different arcs!!! Does Direct tv have 2 arcs?

I remember all the laughter and complaints when thy foirst got WFN HD. Whata turnaround.

Since dish is always adding channels and then taking something away and not have the capacity to put the rsn's on 24/7, I think it is time to dump Ea and Wa what a waste of bandwith if you ask me. There has to be a better way then to mirror the same channels on 2 different arcs!!! Does Direct tv have 2 arcs?

What would be accomplished? Assuming you could see all the satellites (a huge and wrong assumption) you then need two dishes, and have to get the receiver to see six Sats (Or seven). Also, you would have to get ALL the satellites to be sure you could get all the programming. What dish has planned is what they need, to get the WA arc to Mpeg4, and everyone with Mpeg4 receivers. In addition, end SD channels whenever possible when they are in HD.
Also they rarely have taken away an HD channel because of bandwidth anyway. WFN may be indirectly because of that. And Reelz was never meant to be HD other than for the special event, nor does Reelz have alot of HD. I try not to make judgements on what channnels are or are not important, but Reelz, and to some extent WFN are not anywhere near heavily watched channels.

Last edited:
Just getting unofficial word that indeed WFN-HD is gone, its removal was not a mistake. :(

Last week when we saw the WFN SD channel, someone in this forum predicted this is going to happen. I am sure the reasoning would be low viewership. The problem is this is not how you run a professional organization.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)