5/18/2011 1:46pm - Uplink Activity Report - 44 changes

i can't imagine too many have been looking for VERIA HD but that was a god awful picture in SD>

i love the paint drying comment Scott so the only channel that is left up in testing is Bloomberg right?

after hearing about WFN being pulled and dish's unofficial excuse why it was removed. something don't smell right, i may not really care that much for WFD HD or watch it, but something tells me that the contract expired and they are in a carriage dispute with WFN_HD and Dish pulled the channel due to the contract dispute. so i wonder if WFN will claim contract dispute in there press release over why the channel was pulled. because when a channel get's removed from Dish, we have to hear two sides of the story and we all know Dish is infamous for carriage disputes.

after hearing about WFN being pulled and dish's unofficial excuse why it was removed. something don't smell right, i may not really care that much for WFD HD or watch it, but something tells me that the contract expired and they are in a carriage dispute with WFN_HD and Dish pulled the channel due to the contract dispute. so i wonder if WFN will claim contract dispute in there press release over why the channel was pulled. because when a channel get's removed from Dish, we have to hear two sides of the story and we all know Dish is infamous for carriage disputes.
I dont think thats the case this time... DISH just launched WFN SD two weeks ago.

It wouldn't surprise me if WFN was paying to be on DISH and they were not getting their viewership they wanted with their HD channel. (Thats my speculation of course...)

Well I never actually watched WFN... And I can pretty much guarantee I won't be watching VERIA.. So all in all this was a non event to me. I just keep waiting for ESPNU-HD.

I am pretty sure I have seen fundraising spots on VERIA so antthing is possible.

It's official from WFN. I just emailed them & got a response back. Here is what I got.

Hi Josh,

As of May 18th, 2011 the Dish Network removed WFN in HD and replaced with standard definition on the same channel number, 394.

There is no change in format to the channel; all programming will remain the same on our end. The decision was made by DISH to change the signal. WFN is still available for distribution in High Definition but DISH does not want to use 2 different channel numbers on WFN for SD and HD. If you have any questions about the removal of WFN HD please call DISH customer support at 1-800-333-3474 or I would be happy to answer any questions over the phone. You can reach me toll free at 1-800-454-8803 ext. 236.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Mike McMillan | Content & Distribution Coordinator

T 416.593.0915 ext 236 | F 416.593.6991 | E mmcmillan@insightsports.com

WorldFishingNetwork.com

WFN: World Fishing Network
USA 360 S. Monroe Street, Suite 650, Denver, Colorado 80209
CAN 184 Pearl St., Suite 302, Toronto, Ontario M5H 1L5