5/18/2011 1:46pm - Uplink Activity Report - 44 changes

So let me see if I got this right.
I Pay extra each month so I can get Platinum. One channel of which I loved watching was WFN.
Now they have removed that HD channel from that package.
Are they at least planning on Adding some other station to the platinum package. Or are they just saying "screw you guy's. Now you get one less channel in your platinum package."

The way I see it is WFN-HD probably had a viewership of a few thousand subscribers at most, couldn't this bandwidth be put to better use, like a TMP channel with the Dish Logo in HD instead.
I think Dish should've replaced WFN-HD with another HD sports channel right away. I like fishing but could never get into watching fishing shows on TV, let alone an entire channel.

So let me see if I got this right.
I Pay extra each month so I can get Platinum. One channel of which I loved watching was WFN.
Now they have removed that HD channel from that package.
Are they at least planning on Adding some other station to the platinum package. Or are they just saying "screw you guy's. Now you get one less channel in your platinum package."

I think we need to look at the whole picture (no pun intended). The reason I was asking Scott about Dish dropping a HD and keeping a SD feed of the same channel, was to get an understanding of why Dish would do this. I think when it comes to the Platinum package, Dish has been pretty good to their subs. They have added channels to the package and keep the cost the same. IMO, the Platinum package is one of the best add on packages out there, cable or satellite.

I realize that WFN may have been a favorite channel of yours, but it seem a lot of subs scream out against Dish when a channel is dropped, but still don't applaud them when they add a channel. I'm not a "Dish can't do no wrong" sub, believe me, there's a lot I wish Dish would add or change for us subs, but I think we have to remember they are running a business.

Ghpr13:)

Asks my kid... "If they can accidentally turn off an HD channel, then can they accidentally turn ON Disney [HD]?"
Good question my son.

No, because Disney scrambles the signal. Disney cut off Dish before Dish knew about it (Scott posted the story in the Dish vs Disney thread).

No the HD RSN's are not scheduled to light up until June 15th. (Note they are not 24/7 RSN's!) (Of course this is just a RUMOR which I announced in the Pub.) :)
While I guess this could be considered good news for sports fans, I am taking it as both good and bad. Scott - Does this mean that Dish truly has no plans for 24/7 RSN's, or are they considering this an interim measure until they free up enough bandwidth for 24/7?

While I guess this could be considered good news for sports fans, I am taking it as both good and bad. Scott - Does this mean that Dish truly has no plans for 24/7 RSN's, or are they considering this an interim measure until they free up enough bandwidth for 24/7?

basically they are freeing up a little bit so you wont have as many JIP'd games

but its still game time only

Dish showed it's true colors. If a channel wants to be on dish they will have to pay for the right to do so.

Dish is number 1 on information channels.

I rather they add HSN and QVC in HD as they do film live in HD. What does Veria actually show in HD. At least WFN actually showed many programs in HD now we have a centercut downconverted 480i crap picture which no one will watch. To tell the truth I really never watch WFN but at least it had HD content.

As for kids channels they should have added the Hub in HD since Disney will never come back and the only two kids channels that are in HD cut off too early for grown up programs.

basically they are freeing up a little bit so you wont have as many JIP'd games

but its still game time only

Right, I understand what they are doing, but I guess my question is whether Dish considers that a long-term solution or if they have a larger plan for 24/7 RSN's at some point.

Oh good, they freed up more bandwidth for HD RSNs. I'm sure all of us in the New York City DMA will be ecstatic to hear that. YES - Never viewable, didn't care. SNY - Recently Yanked (pardon the pun) and no longer available (NOOOOOOOOO!). MSG - Yanked a year ago and no longer available, didn't care.

And now the NFL is dead set on not letting me watch any Giants games this fall it seems.

Charlie: "Let them Watch Tennis or Golf".

The only thing keeping me from going to Fios is a huge DVR backlog. I will miss the receivers, but without the critical programming, what's a guy to do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)