5.3 IR remote & new Xbox 360

clayton2

Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
Platteville, WI
Hello, I have been wanting to use my 5.3 IR remote that came with my 211k receiver to perform the DVD functions while watching DVDs. I have read in a few places where if you use 792# for the code, but I tried that numerous times for the "VCR" function on the remote and it doesn't work for me. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Look for a 20.0 or 21.0 remote. They can be programmed for almost anything if you have the original equip remote to teach it with. The 792 code did the power on my 360 but i don't have the dvd kit/remote for it to test the other functions

I believe there is a setting in the 360's menu that you have to turn on to enable other remotes besides the Microsoft remote. Otherwise it ignores all other remotes so it doesn't get an accidental command. Might check that out

I believe there is a setting in the 360's menu that you have to turn on to enable other remotes besides the Microsoft remote. Otherwise it ignores all other remotes so it doesn't get an accidental command. Might check that out

There isn't. The only way is to buy/borrow/steal an Xbox remote, and spend an hour or two learning up a 20.0/21.0.
You will never get the power button to work right, though; the 360 has separate IR commands for power off/on. I had to use PgUp/PgDn.

There isn't. The only way is to buy/borrow/steal an Xbox remote, and spend an hour or two learning up a 20.0/21.0.
You will never get the power button to work right, though; the 360 has separate IR commands for power off/on. I had to use PgUp/PgDn.

That is not true. I use the power button to control my Xbox everyday from my dish remote.

That is not true. I use the power button to control my Xbox everyday from my dish remote.

I only ever got a single button to turn it on or off, never both.
It should be noted that I'm still working with a first-generation 360, which has been kept alive by multiple surgeries and case mods.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts