5/8/2009 9:04am - Uplink Activity Report - 21 changes

Just as an FYI.. Dish Absolute HD customers only received : MavTV, Logo, and FTV.
Heh, remember, we weren't supposed to get any new HD after Jan 1 2009. Speed HD would have been nice though... Oh well, still not enough reason to upgrade my programming.

Yeah tried online and they were worthless today. Called tech support and she said that she didn't see it but would send out a re-hit, and it worked. Told her that she would be called alot today about it probably. Speed HD finally..

OMG.. Go dish go (havent said this in a while) now what to complain about. ERR IFC's?! We want more HD!! ;0 LOL

I just talked to a CSR online. Got me fixed up in five minutes!! Holy Moly Speed looks good in HD! GO DISH!

Well I was going to say "what can we complain about now", but it seems as if there are plenty of people to continue complaining. For myself, I have the everything package, and I get everything, so I'm happy the FINALLY SPEED HD is here. I need nothing else, except somemore repeat Showtime and Encore HD channels, but if I pay attention, I can see it in HD when it plays on the main channel.

I have AEP with HD. Speed and FX are in my guide at 9468 & 9475 but in red. Mav, Logo, FT are ok. Did a check switch, no change. Called a CSR and she said Speed & FX were not available in HD. I asked her to send a hit and she refused. I asked her again why they were in my guide if they were not avaiable.......... THE BEOTCH HUNG UP ON ME!!!

Somethings never change with DISH.

Edit: Called back got another CSR, he had the same routine. I asked him to send a hit. He said he would but that it would not do any good because FX and Speed were not going live until May 13th. Five minutes later, I am watching Speed and FX.

Thanks to SatelliteGuys for all the info and help.

Last edited:
They are on on my 622 but not on my 211 yet and I'm watching speed hd right now too. The 622 is plug into the phone line and the 211 isn't they are still in red and not mapped down either.

I have AEP with HD. Speed and FX are in my guide at 9468 & 9475 but in red. Mav, Logo, FT are ok. Did a check switch, no change. Called a CSR and she said Speed & FX were not available in HD. I asked her to send a hit and she refused. I asked her again why they were in my guide if they were not avaiable.......... THE BEOTCH HUNG UP ON ME!!!

Somethings never change with DISH.

Some CRS's believe they own Dish Network.:mad:

I WILL LEAVE DISH NO HUSTLER HD HOW HORRIBLE!!!!

On second thought it may turn me off to sex seeing all those ugly bodies in hd never mind. :yikes:yikes

"Same programming I have, but my Speed and FX are in red and isn't showing the map down. I do have the other 3 HD's though"
same here gold 250, goldhd, plathd - sp/fx in red, got a hit, didn't work. Try again later.

John W

Anyone know if logo actually has any HD programming on it?

I'd bet that it's just like BET-J...the HD feed hasn't launched yet. There has never been any announcement or indication that Logo HD was even planned.

Try googling "Logo HD"...nothing comes up related to the channel. Probably some references will start appearing soon, but they will all be related to today's channel add.

It's pretty clear that Viacom was trying to get them to take these channels, but DISH didn't want to bloat the basic packages anymore. Meanwhile, the Platinum package is struggling and needs some more channels. So DISH agrees to upconvert them and sell them as HD channels until the HD is available. For Viacom, it's better than nothing.

As always, I will add this disclaimer...I'm happy to retract these statements if anyone can produce any evidence that BET-J HD or Logo HD are "real" channels. By that, I mean a press release, an official Viacom website, or even the location of the HD feed.

(BTW, if you google "BET-J HD", the THIRD hit is me claiming it doesn't exist yet. Every other hit is related to DISH adding it.)

You can always do the automated rehit via the phone system.

Digiblur,

first you said dish absolute gets Men and Fashion and LOGO in HD, are you an absolute sub? all I had show up was LOGO and tried to call csr to get her to send a rehit and she made me jump through all the hoops and in the end refused to send a rehit. So, YMMV.

I'll look into the automated rehit assuming i can expect the other 2 stations, so is this true? 3 new HD?
Thanks

oh and congrats to the Speeeed watchers, I know you've been waiting for it, now you can see Jimmy Spencer's toupe in all it's HD glory

digiblur, not to take an angry tone, I was just off the phone with csr. I meant first like that was the first thing I wanted to respond to you about and then i saw your comment about the auto rehit, sorry if it was misconstrued as First you said this, then this, and now... do you even know what you're talking about? I've been around long enough to know you absolutely do, I was just verifying absolute subscribers get 3 new HD and what is the "magical number" you were talking about? pm if necessary, please

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)