5 days of Comcast, back to DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rickjs

Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Well, after 5 days of getting used to the Comcast DVR's (one DCT3416 I, and one DCH3416), the silver bullet showed up. I like a couple of "trashy" shows on VH1 (Chelsey Lately, and The Soup)... and VH1 repeats them all through out the day, once aired. .. and the Comcast DVR picks up *every* of of them.. regardless of my settings of first run.. i've tired setting the drv off the guide for the first run time, had the cust support confirm I was doing things right... and then was told that unless i see the words "new" in the description, the DRV would record it... I never had the problem with the DTV DRV.. so i'm thinking Comcast is not looking at some tag in the program guide? I even got a couple of old Lost episodes today :-(

I see this as a big problem, as I do mostly HD, and if i'm gone a couple of days, the DRV will fill up with repeats..

Fortunately, i've not disconnected DTV... just need to hook it back up.. and hopefully talking them into one more DRV with out signing a term commitment..

cheers
rick

Well, after 5 days of getting used to the Comcast DVR's (one DCT3416 I, and one DCH3416), the silver bullet showed up. I like a couple of "trashy" shows on VH1 (Chelsey Lately, and The Soup)... and VH1 repeats them all through out the day, once aired. .. and the Comcast DVR picks up *every* of of them.. regardless of my settings of first run.. i've tired setting the drv off the guide for the first run time, had the cust support confirm I was doing things right... and then was told that unless i see the words "new" in the description, the DRV would record it... I never had the problem with the DTV DRV.. so i'm thinking Comcast is not looking at some tag in the program guide? I even got a couple of old Lost episodes today :-(

I see this as a big problem, as I do mostly HD, and if i'm gone a couple of days, the DRV will fill up with repeats..

Fortunately, i've not disconnected DTV... just need to hook it back up.. and hopefully talking them into one more DRV with out signing a term commitment..

cheers
rick

You will be rewarded with at least a 24 month commitment.

Considering he hasn't disconnected, he will not be rewarded with anything.

I did try to set up a recording by time, but the problem was there is no option to do it weekly or daily.. i could only enter a one time event by day/time.

I'm hoping to talk them into a DRV upgrade without a term commitment.. as I'm hoping that the comment that i have Comcast installed, and their equipment is in a box.. will have some effect.. but i'm not holding my breath :)

Although it may take 2 years before ATT Uverse lets me watch/record more than 2 hd's at once! That was going to be my 1st choice for a bundled package.. but with 3 heavy HD viewers in my house... that was not going to fly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)