5 dollar phone line charge

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It is a charge for not having a phone connected to your dual tuner receiver. So that makes it a PHone line charge in my books. I don't see how anyone can charge for a second tuner. DIRECTV doesn't do it, neither does cable. It might be what DISH wants to politically call it but it is bull sh*t . You don't connect your phone line to your dual tuner and you get a $5.00 phone charge. It is also to prevent those who like to stack their account: share them with others for a fee. So why not call it the Stacking prevention fee? That makes as much sense as what DISH is calling it.
Maybe because neither DirecTV or Cable have a dual tuner box that can run two TVs so you end up paying the $5.00 charge whether it's plugged into a phone line or not (DirecTV 4 room = $15.00, Cable Company= Varies, Dish Network 4 Room $5.00 unless you want all single tuners, or don't have a phone line connected) Why does everyone see this as a bad thing??

Since you would need mpeg4 receivers to use the EA dish, the second tuner charge can be waived by hooking these receivers up via a dsl connection as well. Non-mpeg4 receivers cannot use this connection. Dish will not waive the charge if you don't have a landline.

Not true, 508 is plugged into my ATT DSL, with the filter on it, through my wireless phone system. (into the base)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)