5 LNB Dish Deal in KC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ScottJayhawk

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I sent an e-mail to DTV via their web page, just to the general contact us via e-mail form. I expressed my concerns that after being a long time DTV customer although I was excited about local HD channels in my market I was very unhappy I was facing yet another purchase (the new 5 LNB dish). I suggested politely in my e-mail that perhaps someone from customer retention should contact me or they should provide me the end date of my current "commitment". Within 24 hours I had a return e-mail saying to expect a call. Within another 24 hours I had a call. I returned their call, about 12 minutes on hold, 10 minutes later I had a free 5 LNB dish being installed, new multi-switch as needed included, plus the next 3 months of HD free of charge.

Just passing along an experience.

Next up, MPEG-4 HD DVR! Coming in June according to customer retention rep during this call.

Scott

"Next up, MPEG-4 HD DVR! Coming in June according to customer retention rep during this call."

Bwahahahahaha....sorry and I thought yesterdays report of a CSR saying July was funny. I'll give what they are telling these csrs some credit and say maybe by september, as opposed to xmas or later, but no guarantees.

I love DTV...
There response was of course - reboot.

I followed up to them with the following question which I know will get a better answer here:

Or should I go through set up again to add the 5 LNB dish?? I thought that made more sense so that's what I did. I got this error:

Satellite 99 (Network 10) Failed

What should I do now?

ScottJayhawk said:
I love DTV...
There response was of course - reboot.

I followed up to them with the following question which I know will get a better answer here:

Or should I go through set up again to add the 5 LNB dish?? I thought that made more sense so that's what I did. I got this error:

Satellite 99 (Network 10) Failed

What should I do now?

Depending on your location, you may not be able to pick up any signal from 99 yet, or from 103 for that matter. Can you get anything from 103? When are hd locals scheduled to start in your area?

HD Locals have started here (Kansas City, MO area) and I only get that on 99, 103 seems to now be working and I am seeing the local HD channels now!

Scott

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)