delay when changing to HD local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

donwylie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
dallas texas
I have the at9 dish and two H20(600) receivers. When I change to any local HD channel there is a 3-4 second delay before I get a picture on the TV. Is that normal and can I do anything to decrease that delay ?
Thanks
Don

donwylie said:
I have the at9 dish and two H20(600) receivers. When I change to any local HD channel there is a 3-4 second delay before I get a picture on the TV. Is that normal and can I do anything to decrease that delay ?
Thanks
Don
Welcome to the site Don.We have the same equipment set up as yours (AT9 & 2 H20-600 receivers).We get the same thing when switching D*s HD local channels,a 3-5 second delay before receiving that programming.Our digital OTA channels work fine,no issues with these delays.Other than that,everything works fine.Perhaps D* is working on a new software (firmware) update for the H20s sometime soon,who knows?Maybe you could do a reboot of the receivers,that is the only thing that I can think of that might possibly help. :) Steve

donwylie said:
Thanks
Don

sadly for those of us getting hd lil's this is a all too commond reality. could be a number of reasons, firmware, the fact that its mpeg4 encoded, ect... i find it funny that the guide disapears before the channel even shows up, makes comparing pq a bitch between sd and hd feeds

Thanks for the responses. You would think that mpeg4 would work faster than mpeg2 ..maybe they just need a put bigger squirels in the receiver.
There hasn't been much of anything that impresses me about the new receivers thus far including the remote.
oh well maybe someday.
Don

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)