5 LNB dish -- rumor or fact?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mttjcksn

Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
I've lurked here for some time and recall hearing about D* rolling out a 5 LNB dish. I did some searching of the forums but no hits.

Can anybody comment on the rumor of 5 LNB dishes? If its true (please please please be true!), does anybody have any estimates of a roll-out date?

Thanks!

5 LNB dishes will be the only ones that can see Spaceway 1 and 2.
They will be required to receive HD Locals by satellite.

Awesome... leave it this forum to come through with an answer in 0.08 seconds.

As a follow-up question, my triple LNB dish has the standard 4 F ports coming off of it, which are eatten by two tivos (dual-input, each). Without waiting for the 5 LNB model (or installing a second dish) do I have the means to add another tivo or receiver?

Thanks again guys!

mttjcksn said:
I've lurked here for some time and recall hearing about D* rolling out a 5 LNB dish. I did some searching of the forums but no hits.

Can anybody comment on the rumor of 5 LNB dishes? If its true (please please please be true!), does anybody have any estimates of a roll-out date?

Thanks!

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

LonghornXP is the man as far as Directv news is concerned. I'm awaiting for when the new 5-LNB dish is rolled out.

While we're on the topic of the 5-LNB dish, I've heard that it's a 24x36-inch oval but have not heard anything else.

Does anybody know whether it has a built-in multiswitch, or relies on an external multiswitch? Does the multiswitch require an external power supply?

I'm using the Phase III now (no power needed), and I want to have an idea where I'll plug-in a power-supply if one is needed. Outlets are almost never conveniently-located.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. But will this new dish still pick up satellites between 101 deg and 119 deg? Reason I ask is that i have a tight window through which to pull these sats currently on my 3-lnb dish. I'm hoping it's just a matter of swapping out dishes and not relocating it.

Thanks.

holman3rd said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question. But will this new dish still pick up satellites between 101 deg and 119 deg? Reason I ask is that i have a tight window through which to pull these sats currently on my 3-lnb dish. I'm hoping it's just a matter of swapping out dishes and not relocating it.

Thanks.

The new dish solution covers 101, 110, and 119 plus (2) additional orbital slots.

I saw a directv installer installing a huge directv dish at a neighbor's house. It looked a lot bigger than my 18x24 triple LNB dish. I asked him what that was and he said it is for foreign programming through DirecTV. Anybody know what kind of dish that is?

I just saw on another forum that this 5 LNB dish will require a 2 inch post. Has anyone heard this?

As a long time lurker, first time poster, just want to know if D* will contact me for the new dish based on my current service, or will I have to go begging for an install? :confused:

Any chance that the new 5 lnb dish will use a similar mount as the Gainmaster dish? The rumored dish size sounds the same as the Gainmaster. Be nice if the installer would be able to just place the new dish on the existing mount.

rtros:

I doubt DirecTV will immediately say "HEY NEW DISH LOL",
but I'd expect you'll get a postcard and a note on your bill when MPEG-4 AND the 5LNB dish are available in your area.

If you don't currently subscribe to the HD pack, though, they might not bother.

rtrostiii said:
As a long time lurker, first time poster, just want to know if D* will contact me for the new dish based on my current service, or will I have to go begging for an install? :confused:

I plan to beg at the first hint that service is rolling-out in my area!!! ;)

jpn said:
I plan to beg at the first hint that service is rolling-out in my area!!! ;)
On my knees begging!! Want to be the first in my city (Dallas area). Just used Mover's Connection and the installer said they would be installing new systems in November and December. They should know!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts