5 LNB dish -- rumor or fact?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Smthkd said:
i guess that explains why it looked thrown together like spare pipes from the junkyard! :yes Well, just to let you know, I was only passing the info on to get others input and Im glad I did because frankly I didn't like the way this thing looked. I felt like this was the Olgar (shrek) of satellite dish's! :D

I know you were just passing this on. I also knew that people hated the look of the dish so I thought best to crush this future mess.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
It's a 36" wide dish that was round at first but now elliptical. It captures 95 and 101 satellite signals. It's about as big as E*'s SuperDISH'es.

I thought E*'s Superdish was about 30 inches wide. Funny how DirecTV can spend billions on satellites that require use of dishes that have not been tested for mass TV services. IIRC there were posts several months back that basically guaranteed that rain fade would not be a problem with the Spaceway Ka band signals. There seems to be some doubts now.

those friggin' legacy dishes are pains in the rump to install compared to the nice cute minidishes.

I think a primestar dish can be used, because the international picks up horizontal polar...or is there an actual difference between analog/digita lnb's?

LonghornXP said:
Now make note that I said it should because these dishes have never really been tested for mass video TV services.

Now I'm curious: how much testing could be done without sats in the appropriate orbital slots?

It seems like it's almost all theoretical until the sats are in the sky and a test market deployed (at least a small test market). Theory can predict improvements in weather-fade but how can it be tested/proven without field trials?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)