5-LNB/On-Demand Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

winesmile

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I'm a a/v intagrator and always contract out for my DirecTV needs (I leave it to the pros), but I met with a client today and based on what I saw thought I'd hit you all with a few questions so I can get a better idea of what's going on.

He has a typical (but a bit old) distrubution set up in that he has 4 DTV receivers in a central location out to a multi and then to the tv/monitors througout the home.

He wants to upgrade the receivers to enable DTV On-Demand and so this is where I'd like your collective opions.

Equipment:

Sat. Receivers:
Sony B65A
Sony A65A
Sony Sat HD200
HR20-100s

Multswitches:
Spaun SMS 51202NF (just two RG6's coming from the WB68 is all that is connected to this switch..??)
Zinwell 6x8 WB68

Dish:
Not sure, but I'll attemp to attache a .jpg
It looks like the 5 LNB Ka/Ku, but just want to confirm the compatability with the HR22

So, my questions are:
What do I need to have my Sat people bring in (if at all) to get him upgraded to the HR22? Just 4 HR22's??

Thoughts on the Single Wire Multswitch in this situation.

Thoughts on a better multi-zone DTV distribution idea that works well for you.

Thanks and all the best!

Attachments

• WB68.jpg
    WB68.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 152
  • SMS 51202NF.jpg
    SMS 51202NF.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Sat.jpg
    Sat.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Sat Dish 2.jpg
    Sat Dish 2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 145
I'm a a/v intagrator and always contract out for my DirecTV needs (I leave it to the pros), but I met with a client today and based on what I saw thought I'd hit you all with a few questions so I can get a better idea of what's going on.

He has a typical (but a bit old) distrubution set up in that he has 4 DTV receivers in a central location out to a multi and then to the tv/monitors througout the home.

He wants to upgrade the receivers to enable DTV On-Demand and so this is where I'd like your collective opions.

Equipment:

Sat. Receivers:
Sony B65A
Sony A65A
Sony Sat HD200
HR20-100s

Multswitches:
Spaun SMS 51202NF (just two RG6's coming from the WB68 is all that is connected to this switch..??)
Zinwell 6x8 WB68

Dish:
Not sure, but I'll attemp to attache a .jpg
It looks like the 5 LNB Ka/Ku, but just want to confirm the compatability with the HR22

So, my questions are:
What do I need to have my Sat people bring in (if at all) to get him upgraded to the HR22? Just 4 HR22's??

Thoughts on the Single Wire Multswitch in this situation.

Thoughts on a better multi-zone DTV distribution idea that works well for you.

Thanks and all the best!

Well, IF your going to 4 HR 22's, you'll need the new 5 lnb dish, looks like you have it already , a WB 68 MS, you also have ... seeing your going with 4 HR's thats normally 8 tuners ... you could go the route I have mentioned with the equipment you have, but you need all 4 wires from the dish to the MS, you might have that already too, I didn't look close enough.
However, I would call D* and tell them what your wanting to do, if your in an area where the newer SWM set up is being used, this would be a good application for it.
This would allow only 1 line going to each rec.

The On Demand require the newer Rec's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts