This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

5-LNB/On-Demand Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

winesmile

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I'm a a/v intagrator and always contract out for my DirecTV needs (I leave it to the pros), but I met with a client today and based on what I saw thought I'd hit you all with a few questions so I can get a better idea of what's going on.

He has a typical (but a bit old) distrubution set up in that he has 4 DTV receivers in a central location out to a multi and then to the tv/monitors througout the home.

He wants to upgrade the receivers to enable DTV On-Demand and so this is where I'd like your collective opions.

Equipment:

Sat. Receivers:
Sony B65A
Sony A65A
Sony Sat HD200
HR20-100s

Multswitches:
Spaun SMS 51202NF (just two RG6's coming from the WB68 is all that is connected to this switch..??)
Zinwell 6x8 WB68

Dish:
Not sure, but I'll attemp to attache a .jpg
It looks like the 5 LNB Ka/Ku, but just want to confirm the compatability with the HR22

So, my questions are:
What do I need to have my Sat people bring in (if at all) to get him upgraded to the HR22? Just 4 HR22's??

Thoughts on the Single Wire Multswitch in this situation.

Thoughts on a better multi-zone DTV distribution idea that works well for you.

Thanks and all the best!

Attachments

• WB68.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 153
  • SMS 51202NF.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Sat.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Sat Dish 2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 145

Well, IF your going to 4 HR 22's, you'll need the new 5 lnb dish, looks like you have it already , a WB 68 MS, you also have ... seeing your going with 4 HR's thats normally 8 tuners ... you could go the route I have mentioned with the equipment you have, but you need all 4 wires from the dish to the MS, you might have that already too, I didn't look close enough.
However, I would call D* and tell them what your wanting to do, if your in an area where the newer SWM set up is being used, this would be a good application for it.
This would allow only 1 line going to each rec.

The On Demand require the newer Rec's

Status
Please reply by conversation.