5 new DMAs uplinked Wednesday

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
At 119°
Eugene, Oregon

At 105°
Wichita, KS
South Bend, IN
Albany, NY
Milwaukee, WI

None are yet available to subscribers, though Eugene is coming on line next week for subscribers.

This is added to the other DMAs uplinked waiting in the wings for launch when 105°/Superdish becomes available:

Missoula, MT
Boise, ID
Traverse City, MI
Green Bay, WI

and

Yes, it's still waiting....

Which one could it be

BALTIMORE
...it's still at 119!

See ya
Tony

joprandi said:
Wheres Columbus!!!!!

Well, let's see: AR, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MS, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, PA, TX, or WI.

Or did you mean Christopher? He's either in Seville, Spain or Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Now that's a real question, no one knows.

Oh, I bet you mean where are the Columbus, Ohio locals!!! :D

Only time will tell....

Hartford is the bastard stepchild for dish. They treat that city like the DHP customers. They dangle possibilities in front of those customers but its always unavailable.

Memphis was passed over for locals in favor of Louisville. Thank the local affiliates for this. You would have had Memphis locals last year had the local affiliates accepted the same offer that was good enough for over 500 other stations.

See ya
Tony

I know! It is so frustrating, I have contacted several of the station managers and program directors. None of them have given me an answer. The only hope I have is that Memphis was listed as one of the first with the SuperDish so there might actually be something to it. I figure they must be close or they wouldn't be listed at all. If my locals aren't added by the time my contract is up I will probably go back to cable. TWarner is actually pretty decent here, I would rather not deal with them but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Once 105 is up and running, can we expect some of the locals now on 110 CONUS transponders (Lexington KY, Jackson MS, Roanoke VA, Knoxville TN, Little Rock AR) to move to 105? It's annoying to see declining picture quality on the 110 satellite channels while more and more locals get shoved in the CONUS slots. :x

Actually all but one of the Lexington channels were shoe-horened in to the Ohio spot beam. I don't see any of these channels moving to 105°. My guess is that only new services untied to any existing service at 110/119 will go to 105.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)