5 receiver hookup using DDP44

zeusbuck

Jan 11, 2006
Question!! 5 receiver hookup using DDP44

Question? Can any one give me some information on how the I could hookup 5 receivers using 2 satellites (Super dish & DP500) with the DP44 switch. Dish installer is coming to install this and I want to make sure they do it properly and not rip me off!

Last edited:
Well, your DPP44 has 4 in, 4 out, 4 aux so to speak

4 sats in (left side of the switch ) (your SD,119,110,(61.5/129/148))
Four Receivers out (the bottom side of the switch )

and 4 lines to your second DPP44 switch (on the right side of the switch), where you can output 4 more receivers!

You may (not sure on your receiver hookup) be able to use a DPP seperator, so you can use one line, but feed a dual room (dual tuner) box, but dont know your setup!

Well, I know on the DP34 you can run a DP21 off the right side and combine those 2 sats again onto 1 cable. So on the DP34 you'd have 2 in on the left, 4 out on the bottom and 2 out on the right combined by a DP21.
But I am confused by your message, you say 2 satellites, but then list a superdish (max 3 sats unless you modify it to do 4) and a Dish 500. Did you mean to say 2 satellite dishes? Cause with your dish equipment, you could be hitting 5 sats.

I attached a pic from the Dish Tech portal on the DP34 setup, but I don't see anything about doing it on a DPP44.

Attachments

• dp34_dp21.jpg
    dp34_dp21.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Not really, first off you said a super dish, and a Dish 500, a superdish gets 105/110/119 (or 121/110/119 depends what market your in)

Thats 3 orbital locations right there, + 1 more for a remaining spot (61.5/129/148), is 4 IN, needing the DPP44.

Dont worry, The installer should know what he/she is doing, and will bring and hookup all the correct equipment!

Well, I think you are gonna need two switches after you clarified it a bit. But someone may have a solution for you. One of the guys more knowledgable then myself on these switches, maybe SimpleSimon or Van. But yeah an installer worth their salt should know what to bring and install it correctly. Hopefully you get 2 DPP44's.

Indeed, so 2 dishes, 4 satellite locations, 2 DPP44 switches

Now Im not too sure on this (someone verify?), but if he has like 3 301's. and a 625 or something, could he use a seperator on the 625, and 3 lines to the 301's, for a total of 5 seperate viewing locations?

zeusbuck, do you know what kind of receivers you are getting?

I have a DP34 now with the DPP500 satellite dish. I bought a DPP44 cheap on ebay, knowing I would need it. Can the DP34 be used off of the aux on the DPP44 for the fifth receiver??

I already have a new HD, DVR dual, and a 311. I want to add a receiver in the basement. Dish is going to add the Superdish for the international channels.

Can someone tell me if I can hook up an "old" Dish-300 (non pro series) with my Dish-1000 to the dpp44 or does all dishes have to be pro's?

well, you can trunk the DP34 off the DPP44 and get 3 of the 4 sats.
To get the 4th sat, could you use a DP splitter on the 129 dish (for example) and then hook 1 feed to the DPP44 and one into a DP21 and compbine it with the feed off of the DP34 for the fifth receiver?

Honestly, It's just easier to get another DPP44, but I know they are expensive.

Last edited:
xsailor said:
Can someone tell me if I can hook up an "old" Dish-300 (non pro series) with my Dish-1000 to the dpp44 or does all dishes have to be pro's?
Not good ettiquette to hijack threads, best to start your own thread.

xsailor said:
All LNBs need to be Dish Pro or Plus. I had to switch out my legacy 300 dish for that reason. But you can just swap the LNB. But when buying, there is not much difference in price by getting a new Dish500 instead.

zeusbuck said:
Question? Can any one give me some information on how the I could hookup 5 receivers using 2 satellites (Super dish & DP500) with the DP44 switch. Dish installer is coming to install this and I want to make sure they do it properly and not rip me off!

No offense intended but you are doing your homework NOW?.....Look, the installers for the most part do a good job. They know what they are doing....Yes there are some bad ones out there....some are laxz sacks of sh*t that will walk away from a job if it going to take them more than a couple of hours.....
Give the guy a chance......

Now you will need a second DPP 44..They can be bridged to each other....however the Extra DPP 44 will have to be paid for by you..As well as the 5th receiver..But you should already know that...FYI..The Digital Home advantage promo allows UP TO 4 TUNERS to be installed for $49.99 standard installation included......Stanadard installation does not include hardwire phone lines, cable burial in excess of 50ft from dish to GND or connecting your satellite receiver to a surround sound or home theater system........things tech may NOT charge you for..... Pole mounts, Wall fishes, attic and/or crawlspace entry, wall plates, diplexers.....or anything else required to get the job done within reason....

Now you will need a second DPP 44
Wrong.

Yes, a DP21 can be used on the DPP44 trunking outputs to feed 119/110 ONLY to a fifth receiver.

As is needing a DP Splitter to get a second tap off of 129. D1000's come with DP Dual LNBFs, so it's already "split".

Finally, yes, you CAN trunk a DP34 off of a DPP44, and then cascade a DP21 off of the DP34 to add the fourth bird. If you need yet another feed of the fourth bird, a DP Splitter and second DP21 will git-r-done.

Just remember that the receivers connected to the DP34/DP21 MUST have a separate feed cable for each tuner (DPP Separator will NOT work).

I'm dish tech. my recommendation find your local dish office or retailer contact them and let them know what you are planing so they can be prepared. my shop just pulled all DP 44's from vans. they have to be requested in a mornings.

Please be more specific on your setup. Are you going for 5 rooms or did you truely mean 5 receivers and by 5 receivers are they all going to be dual tuners with the exception of your 311 giving you a 9 room setup. How many HD TV's do you want hooked up because the HD dual (942) is only good for 1 HD tv with standard coax output to TV'2

Call your retailer and ask them what orbital locations your getting!

How many rooms total?

How many rooms get the DVR?

How many rooms get HD?

How many rooms only get standard receivers?

Please don't wait till the technician gets there to scrootnize your setup because this job is already going to be taking up the better part of his day. Find out the setup you want and call your retailer a day or two in advance (Reschedule now if you have to) to make sure your getting what you want because the tech is really the one who's telling you what your going to get and he can't pull equipment out of other peoples inventory once he's pulled his daily equipment and started his route.

Last edited:
5 receiver hook-up with DP44

My current set-up with the following & everything working fine.

Dish 500
Dp twin LNB
Dp44
1 line to 622 with a splitter feeding second TV & 3rd TV slaved off of 2nd w/splitter
2 lines to seperate 811's
1 line to 5000
Invertor in line going to 811
No other switches, etc. installed. ( Total of 6 TV's )
Hope this helps you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts