$5 transaction fee for adding program?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

talk000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
I tried to add MLB EI on line but the web site did not work. I then called the 800 number to add this. I was told there was a $5 transaction fee for adding programing through the CSRs. I did not follow up with questions since they agreed to waive the fee and I could barely understand the CSR who was reading from a script anyway, but when did Dish start charging $5 to add programing througn a CSR and what all does this apply to? Seems dumb.

talk000 said:
I tried to add MLB EI on line but the web site did not work. I then called the 800 number to add this. I was told there was a $5 transaction fee for adding programing through the CSRs. I did not follow up with questions since they agreed to waive the fee and I could barely understand the CSR who was reading from a script anyway, but when did Dish start charging $5 to add programing througn a CSR and what all does this apply to? Seems dumb.

Sounds like they got the idea from D*, if you call D* to order PPV (instead of using the website or remote), you pay for a 'assistance' fee, but, there is no 'assistance' charge for adding to your programming packages.

Yup, E* has always charged a $5 fee for ordering PPV by phone to a CSR. MLB EI is considered PPV.

I assume this is done to try and steer the customer to use the other (non-human) methods, to reduce call load on the CSRs, rather than trying to make a buck.

damaged said:
I assume this is done to try and steer the customer to use the other (non-human) methods, to reduce call load on the CSRs, rather than trying to make a buck.

Hasnt worked yet, the next ploy is a call center in hong kong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)