$5 transaction fee for adding program?

talk000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
I tried to add MLB EI on line but the web site did not work. I then called the 800 number to add this. I was told there was a $5 transaction fee for adding programing through the CSRs. I did not follow up with questions since they agreed to waive the fee and I could barely understand the CSR who was reading from a script anyway, but when did Dish start charging $5 to add programing througn a CSR and what all does this apply to? Seems dumb.

talk000 said:
I tried to add MLB EI on line but the web site did not work. I then called the 800 number to add this. I was told there was a $5 transaction fee for adding programing through the CSRs. I did not follow up with questions since they agreed to waive the fee and I could barely understand the CSR who was reading from a script anyway, but when did Dish start charging $5 to add programing througn a CSR and what all does this apply to? Seems dumb.

Sounds like they got the idea from D*, if you call D* to order PPV (instead of using the website or remote), you pay for a 'assistance' fee, but, there is no 'assistance' charge for adding to your programming packages.

Yup, E* has always charged a $5 fee for ordering PPV by phone to a CSR. MLB EI is considered PPV.

I assume this is done to try and steer the customer to use the other (non-human) methods, to reduce call load on the CSRs, rather than trying to make a buck.

damaged said:
I assume this is done to try and steer the customer to use the other (non-human) methods, to reduce call load on the CSRs, rather than trying to make a buck.

Hasnt worked yet, the next ploy is a call center in hong kong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts