5 Tuners with Superdish

lloyde6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I am going to upgrade to a superdish to get my locals. I have a model 4000 reciever that I will upgrade with a 322 or 522 and this will give me 5 tuners.
What is required to run 5 tuners on a superdish and will it cost me extra for the installation , if so about how much extra will it cost?
Thanks for the help.

Two ways to go - depending on how you feel about dual feeds to a two-tuner box.

First, add another DP34 cascaded off the one that comes with the StupiDish. Should cost less than $50.

Or, if you want to run a single feed to the x22, replace the DP34 with a DPP44. Cost is probably over $100.

SimpleSimon said:
Two ways to go - depending on how you feel about dual feeds to a two-tuner box.

First, add another DP34 cascaded off the one that comes with the StupiDish. Should cost less than $50.

Or, if you want to run a single feed to the x22, replace the DP34 with a DPP44. Cost is probably over $100.
The extra dp34 sounds like a plan since I will have no problem with running an extra feed. Thanks for the answer SimpleSimon I was hoping you would reply because I figured you would know the answer.

mudder1310 said:
One added cost with the SW34 is the DP adapter you'd need for the 4000.
I was hoping to keep the 4000 hooked up to my Dish 500 and not worry about locals on that unit until I replace it.
Thanks for the reply

You can keep the 4000 hooked up to Dish 500 and just hook up the other reciever(s) to SuperDish. You can also hookup the 4000 to the cascade side of the DP-34 switch to which satellite you choose to recieve programming off of (but you need that DP adaptor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts