$5 TV Set

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ive got a 2.3" portable lcd that I use, its much to small, but its defn portable, stays in my toolbox all the time :) its come in handy quite a few times.

iammike said:
I think I'm going to have everyone beat on this one. I can see my 100" projector screen through the window of my house standing next to my dish in the back yard. I usually just take a 13" set out to the dish during the day, but there's been a couple times at night when I've peaked a wildfeed from a ballgame and used the projector picture.
I humbly bow to your superior picture. :D congrats

iammike said:
I think I'm going to have everyone beat on this one. I can see my 100" projector screen through the window of my house standing next to my dish in the back yard. I usually just take a 13" set out to the dish during the day, but there's been a couple times at night when I've peaked a wildfeed from a ballgame and used the projector picture.

yeah, got me beat. I can see the TV's from outside when the sun isn't around like early morning and at night. I move the SBS 6 dish to AMC 6, AMC 2 dish to AMC 3 occasionally, but I mostly move the c-band dish. I use the 42" HD for 422 feeds, 19" for 420 feeds and a 25" for analog feeds depending what I'm moving where.

I use either my 5" or 8" broadcast monitor, they run on rechargeable batteries and are made for news gathering, so they work well for dish aiming. Once I spent the better part of a night watching shows up on the roof :)

At one house we used a 27inch CRT in a wagon.

Don't ask me why.... but I somehow end up using a wagon for FTA stuff all the time. ;)

digiblur said:
Don't ask me why.... but I somehow end up using a wagon for FTA stuff all the time. ;)

like your C-Band dish? :D
I shouldnt laugh as mine is set up on an old cable spool so I can clear the house :)

updatelee said:
Ive got a 2.3" portable lcd that I use, its much to small, but its defn portable, stays in my toolbox all the time :) its come in handy quite a few times.

I could use a Pocket PC streaming through the Slingbox but the lag would be bad. I use a portable 7" DVD player. A lot of them have AV inputs.

At one time I used my 13" TV/VCR combo set to tune in dishes. Now I have a 5" LCD (it is for a Playstation). Works Great and is a lot easier to drag outside and setup.

I use a 13'' tv that someone was going to trash, because the on/off button was bad. I put me a rollswitch inline ,good to go.
When I'm outside working on the BUD, rubbernecking takes place, some cars leave the road, people trying to see what I'm doing

That actually could come in handy. I take out a shop stool - one that is about 2' high, has a tray on the bottom for tools and such. I put the receiver and tv on the seat, and my tools, small parts on the tray section. But, a wagon would be cool! You could make a shelf unit, something for the receiver/monitor, have a 1000' box of coax, tools, a little trash can, and could pull it with you for installs and such :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)