50 dollar price drop for the 360 confirmed?!?

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
thanks goes to DX at teamxbox.com for the photo

walmart ad confirms 50 buck price drop for the 360!

Attachments

• rollbackyo2.jpg
    rollbackyo2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 237
M$ is being pushed on both sides. The Wii is grabbing hugh sales numbers and will pass the XBOX360 before this XMAS. On the other side the PS3 has dropped price and sales have taked off modestly. But the real info is the 4.8 million sold worldwide totally to the end of the first quarter of this year. Now Sony is dropping the price of their system (and I expect the 80gb to sell for the same price as the 60gb once it is gone) and Sony's big games are starting to come out.

That coupled with the admission of the design flaw pushing M$ to warranty all 360's 3 years and M$ has no choice. They must regain their agressive marketing stance and leading posistion. Maybe Halo3 will help them.

While I don't think that Sony's moves is bothering M$ that much I sure know that Nitendo is smiling all the way to the bank -- something both M$ and Sony would like to be feeling about right now.

I think the needed to the pricecut BECAUSE of the warranty/system failure fiasco, If you were on the fence between a PS3 and 360, the unreliability of the 360 (even with them saying the fixed the problem) would make it easier to spend $100 more and get all the extras, now at a $150 difference, makes it a bigger decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)