500 HD channels?

kenloupa

Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I am in the Orlando area. A brighthouse technician said that brighthouse was going to have 500 hd channels by the end of the year (possible he says due to sdv). I find that hard to believe and too good to be true, yet I thought I heard them say the same thing on a recent tv ad! Any truth to this????

I am in the Orlando area. A brighthouse technician said that brighthouse was going to have 500 hd channels by the end of the year (possible he says due to sdv). I find that hard to believe and too good to be true, yet I thought I heard them say the same thing on a recent tv ad! Any truth to this????
LMAO! Bet he has a good deal on a bridge for sale too!

Is this company run by Comcast? They are running similar ads in PA.

Yeahhhhhhh that's obviously VOD since there aren't even 500 HD Channels out there!

But when it comes to HD, it's time Brighthouse either goes big or goes home... Time to Step it up Boys!

... Anyone else see the 500 HD channels by the end of the year ad?
Reminds me of the TV ad where there is a meeting of corporate types around a table trying to figure out how to fool people. Must not be a good ad though, I don't remember what the real point was.

My guess is that IF they could get to 500 HD channels, this would be including all the movie channels such as Starz West HD, HBO comedy, all VOD as others have suggested and even then there aren't even 500 non-HD channels now.

I think I found your brighthouse technician:

Attachments

• brighthouse technician.jpg
    brighthouse technician.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 152
I've seen these ads too. What's weird is that there is nothing about it on their website. DirecTV doesn't know anything about it either, and I'd think that would be something they'd be interested in knowing. Of course, another possibility is to do something like offer a ton of local network channels from different areas. Add in their spanish counterparts where available, VOD, and yes, you could probably come up with 500 HD channels. A stupid way to do it, but hey...the math is what counts, right?

My guess is that IF they could get to 500 HD channels, this would be including all the movie channels such as Starz West HD, HBO comedy, all VOD as others have suggested and even then there aren't even 500 non-HD channels now.

They (BHN) don't even carry Starz HD, Cinemax HD, or TMC HD, let alone the multichannels. Even if they did, you are talking about 26 HBO/Max channels, like 20 Showtime/TMC channels, and less than 20 Starz/Encore channels... add in the national HD channels available today (less than 100) and this count is still well under 200 tops. I am sorry,but counting each program on HD Showcase on Demand as its own channel is not a real channel count. They may have the ABILITY to carry 500 HD channels, and that is what the stupid installer probably meant. But 500 HD channels available to American providers don't even exist yet. This is even worse than the satellite providers counting each PPV HD channel as a national HD channel. They are full of it. The most accurate count I have seen is with FIOS, coming this Oct to the Tampa market.

I was watching a Brighthouse ad this weekend and now they are saying "currently over 100 movies and shows (in HD)...500 by the end of the year"....that seems way open to interpretation---that in no way implies 500 channels the way I was originally told. Any comments?

yeah, dim house is telling a huge tall tale. i love that commercial and the way they trash satellite hd. i have directv and i have over 100 hd channels. last check, dim house had less than 30 in orlando.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)