505 needs a reset every 2+ weeks????

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Need some help guys

My 505 has worked pretty flawlessly for a while but I do have one issue. It will work for like 2 to 2 1/2 weeks just fine then all of a sudden while watching TV the sat lite goes red and it says "waiting to reacquire satellite" but it never comes back. If I turn it off and back on it works for like 10 seconds. Only way to fix it is to unplug for 30 minutes or so then plug back in.

Anyone else seen that happen? Its not weather related as it has been nice and dry out

It happened last Saturday and the previous time was about 2 1/2 weeks earlier (during the playoffs) :rant:

bradleys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 10, 2003
Seattle / Blaine / Port McNeill
Iceberg,

My 505 used to do that when I went away for a few weeks.

I just assumed it was related to rain and wind and snow and sleet (it's north Vancouver Island, after all).

I figured that the crummy signal caused the error recovery code to go wacky.

Maybe your signal is bad in some way, like a loose connection or an "almost" shorted connector?

I've always used a UPS on my video equipment, so it's probably not related to blinky power.

My 530 has not had the same problem.

HTH

PORTUGAL

Jun 9, 2009
SOUTH WESTERN ONTARIO
You should try a soft reset and if that does not work do a factory reset than call starchoice and tell them to hit your receiver if you still have the same problem they will replace it with a refurbish one

SatboyZ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 30, 2005
Also never...

leave the receiver on a non-subbed channel. Our one unit (we have 3 -505's) if left overnight on a PPV channel will exhibit the symptoms you describe the next day. A call to SC is required as the on line feature to re-hit the receiver did not work. Hope this helps.

Satboyz

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
nope all the non subbed channels are locked out...it usually ends up on CBC or TSN

Portugal....slight issue is im about 200 miles south of Ft Frances Ontario so sending a receiver is kinda hard ;)

SatboyZ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 30, 2005
Just a thought...

People have complained about the 530 and bad power = problems. Maybe a UPS would help? I know my parents have to use 130Volt bulbs in their outdoor lights because after about 9pm the juice goes up.

Satboyz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)