508 to 512 DVR exchange DVR fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nissan4x4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
Hey been along time lurker at the site Great site too,But am having trouble with my 508 exchange with dish.They sent me a 512 as an exchange, but want to charge the seven dollar dvr fee and i have talked to 4 different dish reps they all says that i have to pay it.Is this right do i have to pay a dvr fee or not ? Thanks

Is the 508 the only receiver on the account? Did it die?

I know in some cases they have been waiving it but the best thing to do is PM a DIRT (Dish IRT) rep. Unfortunatelly none of them are on line right now to help but you could send a PM to them and they can get back to ya.

I know Zach and Mary work Saturdays (per their signature) and can surely help out

They phasing out the 508 and the 301 and all legacy receivers.. I was wondering how Dish was going to handle the DVR fees.. Since there is none on the 508 but there is on the 512.. Best thing is to get in contact with one of the DIRT members here.. They can help you better on that..

Hey been along time lurker at the site Great site too,But am having trouble with my 508 exchange with dish.They sent me a 512 as an exchange, but want to charge the seven dollar dvr fee and i have talked to 4 different dish reps they all says that i have to pay it.Is this right do i have to pay a dvr fee or not ? Thanks
Hi, I would need to review the account to be sure on this. If possible can you please PM me your account # and/or phone # and I will see what I can do! Thanks!

They phasing out the 508 and the 301 and all legacy receivers.. I was wondering how Dish was going to handle the DVR fees.. Since there is none on the 508 but there is on the 512.. Best thing is to get in contact with one of the DIRT members here.. They can help you better on that..

unless the 508 is the only DVR on the account its a moot point as there would already be a DVR fee on the account.

Actually, the 508 was never on that list. It's suppose to be the 510, 301, and the legacy receivers that are being phased out. If the OP had a 508, they should have given him a 508 unless Dish didn't have any 508 refurbs at all (which wouldn't surprise me)

Attachments

• 14j_Discontinued_Receiver_Swap_Ext.pdf
    143.4 KB · Views: 239
Isnt dvr fee 6 bucks? Extra reciever fee's are 7. Or was there a change i have not made aware of?

the original DVR's (7100/7200, 501, 508, 721) had no DVR fee. The only 2 receivers still out there like that re the 508 & 501. If a customer has only a 508 or 501 as a DVR and no "newer" DVR's then they are grandfathered with no DVR fee.

Actually, the 508 was never on that list. It's suppose to be the 510, 301, and the legacy receivers that are being phased out. If the OP had a 508, they should have given him a 508 unless Dish didn't have any 508 refurbs at all (which wouldn't surprise me)

that doesnt make sense as the 510 is newer than the 508
510 had a bigger hard drive and a DVR fee

we get that....the question is did the 508 die and Dish replaced it for you or did you upgrade to the 512 on your own?

So that's what they're giving you when you go EA and need a VIP receiver? Is the 512 MPEG4? I was hoping for a 612 or even a 211 as an exchange for my 508.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts