508 to 811 info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bundyho2

Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
So if i get a 508 and 811 can i run the video out of the 508 to the video input of the 811 and get a upconverted pic? Thanks

bundyho2 said:
So if i get a 508 and 811 can i run the video out of the 508 to the video input of the 811 and get a upconverted pic? Thanks

I posted my experience with this a few days ago. You're much better off connecting the 508 directly to your tv via composite.

Walt

The video inputs into the 811 seem to be very low quality. When I got my 811, I ran my VCR through them to try to free up an input on the TV, and it looked really bad.

I should clarify that... it was probably the 811's conversion of it to 1080i that made it look bad. I didn't think to go into the HD setup and change it to 480 to make it look a little better.

bundyho2 said:
You can do it, but I agree with the others... The composite inputs on my 811 give really poor results for me...

FWIW, I seem to remember reading about video input looking fairly lousy on the 721's connectors as well. Someone said that if you hook it up once the receiver is already on, you don't get a very good picture, but if you have the receiver off when you hook up the video input and then turn on the receiver, it looks much better.

Haven't tried that myself, but (I think) it's worth a shot...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)