510 needs hard reset (how)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

A_Pac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2003
my 510 is serverly screwed up. it is only 2 months old. how do i hard reset it? i cant do the normal "Menu", "6", "3", "Info", Right Arrow, Left Arrow, "TV/Video" thing because i press one thing and the reciver does another. like if i press cancel it jumps to next menu then cancels. holding down power for 5 sec and resetting that way doesnt work. is there any other way to hard reset it? i really dont want to have to call dish again

You have 2 choices for a hard reset -

Choice 1 - 10 pound sledge hammer - Works every time.

Choice 2 - Unplug the power cord, wait a few seconds and then plug it back up - This is the most popular choice...... I think :)

All in fun.

Dave

I think another popular choice is to hold down the power switch for around 10 secs to trigger a reboot.

I'd consider the power plug as the last choice -> I'd prefer not to be writing the hard drive when I pull the plug.

Yeah, the power button for 10-15 seconds thing is the way I prefer to do a reboot. That or the smartcard reset.

I try to avoid pulling the plug for the same reasons mentioned by David.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)