510 Reciever, Panel Locked and New Remote

rmanuel

Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
Bermuda
Hi all! Ive got a serious headache going on. My old 510 box has the front panel locked for some reason (it was a hand-me down) and the remote finally bit the dust. Kaput. The local dish guys gave me a 21.1 remote and ive brought it home and obviously cant program it through the system info menu as i cant get there! The remote # is 23. Any suggestions?

Hi all! Ive got a serious headache going on. My old 510 box has the front panel locked for some reason (it was a hand-me down) and the remote finally bit the dust. Kaput. The local dish guys gave me a 21.1 remote and ive brought it home and obviously cant program it through the system info menu as i cant get there! The remote # is 23. Any suggestions?

If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number, I can clear any locks on the receiver

Matt, thanks but as Im outside the U.S, I pay someone in New Hampshire to host my account. I dont actually know what the account/phone number is for the my receiver.

Pull the smart card and leave it out for a couple minutes it should bring up the system info screen. Your remote address should be displayed. Program your new remote to the displayed address usually between 1 and 15.

Pull the smart card and leave it out for a couple minutes it should bring up the system info screen. Your remote address should be displayed. Program your new remote to the displayed address usually between 1 and 15.

Thanks Boba.. I pulled the card, switched the remote to IR, got the address and am OVER THE MOON with my new remote! Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)