510 SAT 110 P308 Problems Remain

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Just wanted to let everyone with a 501,508 or 510 know the following; Last Tuesday night after a two hour chat with a really informed advanced tech with Dishnetwork, we went through everything I did trying to isolate the problem with the 110 issues. He requested that I let a Tech come to my house and see if he could find the problem. Poor Guy showed up this morning at 8:30 and did a complete re-install. This was a major and I mean major feat. He was alone and was working his rear end off. I couldn't with good conscious just stand by and let him do all this alone so I stepped in to help. I made a friend for life. He replaced everything to include the receivers. I mean everything. So do not ask what about? I mean everything, Out of this I got two 510's swapped out (didn't mind used for temp storage all good stuff recorded on dvd) and replaced my third receiver an aging 301 with a 510 and a new Superdish. He and I finished both tired and exausted at two p.m. PROBLEM REMAINS. I would think that the Engineers at Dish would already know this. P308 is the culprit. Not the hardware. P309 is comming soon for all. Not soon enough for some of us!

Last edited:
What is the problem exactly? I had a 508 brand new that I activated last week. Did check switch and it saw 110/119/61.5 all fine. Took initial software download P308 and now check switch will fail on 110. It sees only odd on 110 and I was sure it was working before the software. This is a DP34, sounds like same issue as you. Tried on multiple lines that were good (other boxes run perfectly fine on them). Thought it was a software bug and the adv tach guy stated it was my box, not software. No I am questioning it and don't want their refurb. What to do.

We have 2 508's and 1 510 and they are having a problems with dropouts with 110 channels . I have no problems with the 211. All are wired to the same DP44 switch and hooked up to a 121 superdish and a dish 300 pointed at 61.5 . After many check switches and resets, we are now getting a tech out here. The techs at dish are stumped and blame the switch or all the recievers. This now confirms my suspicions that is a software issue. I wish the techs a E would be a bit nicer. They were abrupt with my wife as she discussed this with them. She was very nice...... :confused:

What I am trying to share with everyone is that p308 is the problem. Hold on for a little bit. From what I have been told software p309 will fix it. Comming next week. Good Luck!

Frank Jr. said:
What I am trying to share with everyone is that p308 is the problem. Hold on for a little bit. From what I have been told software p309 will fix it. Comming next week. Good Luck!

I hope so.... The folks at DISH are not blaming the software, but my setup.. IT is the software.

I just got a refurbished 501 because of this. I plugged in my old 501 and went from p302 to p308 and lost the even transponders on 110. All I can get are the odd ones. When I called to activate it I told the girl this and she told me it is not a software problem it is a receiver problem. So I am sending this one back and getting another one from them. Good for me I guess. I did sign up for the home protection plan so I guess they did get some more money out of me for it.

I just got my 508 to get the correct check switch. Took about 20 tries but will not touch it again. It is a software bug and now that the check switched passed, my box activated fine. But yes, the 110 probs still remain. That explains the 110 drop outs I was seeing, thought it was wind but only the 5xx P308 boxes. Now I can decline the refurb box.

Frank Jr. said:
They will never admitt to that.:rolleyes:

DISH needs a reality check. Customers are not stupid. When 3 out of 4 receivers have trouble and only the HD one has 110 sattelite reception - it is not the switch or the cables or the recievers - it has to be the software... :eek: The tech told my wife - it is not E's fault - we did something or the setup is bad...

The CSR's aren't totally to blame. They're just following a script/flow-chart. Usually said script ends with "oh, just do a front panel reset". E* engineering really needs to pass out P308 info and flaws to everyone.

We've known it was 3.08 for weeks, and you can't say "They'll never admit it" after saying they admitted it to you.

Having the guy re-wire everything and giving you new boxes was kind of irresponsible, especially when you knew it wasn't going to help. Everyone bitches about the costs and it's because of situations like this where equipment gets replaced for no reason.

Just wait until 3.09 comes. THAT IS ALL YOU CAN DO for the 20th time...

Frank Jr. said:
They will never admitt to that.:rolleyes:
Thats not exacty true. After a couple of hours on my last of many calls to "Tech" support,(who I believe only read que cards), "it" was admitted.
The problem it seems is with Echo 10 spotbeems. I was told that only nonconus, PR ans AK were being afected. But, can't believe every thing you hear.
If you are persistant and keep going up the chain of command, you can cut a deal.
I was being told that I would have to purchase a new reciever. I told the flor supervisor that was un acceptable. Then I was told that the only solution was to take advantage of their "Dish it Up promo", Also unacceptable. Then was told maybe there would be a new promo in June. unacceptable. does anyone remember the 7200 reciever software debacal?. E* won't commit to a real solution until the eng. throw up the hand and surender, and when boxed in with no wiggle room.

Unless thre is a new and improved version of P309 to replace the one thats on my 501 I think we will have to wait for P310. I still have the same problem. I am a Installer. that has installed 1000"s of E* systems, and insult to injury, "They" want to send "Tech" to fix the problem. Chances are good that I'de get the call to have to fix my own system. You would think that after they sent a replacement, that ended up to being free after I forced them to eat the $19 replacment and $24 Shipping fee. And after fighting my way up the ladder to a couple of times. I get one month of programming for free. Problem is I can't see half of it because it's on 110. :eek:

BillCrates said:
I hope so.... The folks at DISH are not blaming the software, but my setup.. IT is the software.

Dish told me it was the 308 software (from the Tech Ops). They are moving 309 out to fix it. VOD may not be ready though.

Last edited:
Frostwolf said:
Dish told me it was the 308 software (from the Tech Ops). They are moving 309 out to fix it. VOD may not be ready though.

Thanks... I appreciate the answer. Techical services is dispatching a tech to look at my system look at my step on my dime. :confused:

Purogamer said:
We've known it was 3.08 for weeks, and you can't say "They'll never admit it" after saying they admitted it to you.

Having the guy re-wire everything and giving you new boxes was kind of irresponsible, especially when you knew it wasn't going to help. Everyone bitches about the costs and it's because of situations like this where equipment gets replaced for no reason.

Just wait until 3.09 comes. THAT IS ALL YOU CAN DO for the 20th time...
If you READ my first post I said that the advanced tech requested this. Was not my idea.:rolleyes: Obtw when I said They will never admit it I was referring to the first person most callers talk too, not the advanced techs I've spoken with. My bad on that one. Oh well everybody have a great day.

Last edited:
Frank Jr. said:
Just wanted to let everyone with a 501,508 or 510 know the following; Last Tuesday night after a two hour chat with a really informed advanced tech with Dishnetwork, we went through everything I did trying to isolate the problem with the 110 issues. He requested that I let a Tech come to my house and see if he could find the problem. Poor Guy showed up this morning at 8:30 and did a complete re-install. This was a major and I mean major feat. He was alone and was working his rear end off. I couldn't with good conscious just stand by and let him do all this alone so I stepped in to help. I made a friend for life. He replaced everything to include the receivers. I mean everything. So do not ask what about? I mean everything, Out of this I got two 510's swapped out (didn't mind used for temp storage all good stuff recorded on dvd) and replaced my third receiver an aging 301 with a 510 and a new Superdish. He and I finished both tired and exausted at two p.m. PROBLEM REMAINS. I would think that the Engineers at Dish would already know this. P308 is the culprit. Not the hardware. P309 is comming soon for all. Not soon enough for some of us!

tech here...Fortunately I rea dthis forum and upon my arrival I would have told you right away o fthe issue wiht these receivers and saved us both alot of time and efort..Hopefully this was DNS tech and not a contratcor that had ot pay for all the cable he ran basically for free plus all the time he lost...
I think it pays to stay informed about this stuff..Saves me aquite a few dollars on headache remedies..

rdinkel said:
Jut got P3.09. Problems corrected. As we all knew, it was their software that was causing us heartburn.
just looked at sys info...still have p308...dvr functions not working either....DP501....

dishcomm said:
tech here...Fortunately I rea dthis forum and upon my arrival I would have told you right away o fthe issue wiht these receivers and saved us both alot of time and efort..Hopefully this was DNS tech and not a contratcor that had ot pay for all the cable he ran basically for free plus all the time he lost...
I think it pays to stay informed about this stuff..Saves me aquite a few dollars on headache remedies..
yup. we both worked our butts off. didn't have to help, but no way i could have just watched. 1000 ft. roll of rg6 23 bucks at contractors price, threw him 40 bucks at the end. i didn't ask for it dish did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)