52.0 Remote Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I k

I know, but I never watch live tv, so I wanted a button for easier access. I put the live tv access in the first window.
So you put DVR in the second window! Or anywhere you want it within the windows. That is adjustable to your wishes. What I'm saying is that it is not necessary to override hard buttons in this case.

I have Live tv, dvr, search, and recall in window 1. pip commands in window 2. Why I put dvr in there at all is a mystery. But, I figured that I might need recall for some reason. I overrode several hard buttons for using my TiVo. Why have the capability, if you are not going to use it to make use easier.

Registered just to ask a related question while helping a buddy...

His new Dish Hopper 3 (16 tuner DVR) is working fine mostly with a Harmony 700 to replace his 52.0 ? Remote but ...

Q: How do I add the "Input" button command ( on the side of the original dish remote) that he uses to switch between Tuners (appears to be RF only so I can't learn it with the Harmony)?

Edit: now that I look closer to your post, your friend wants to swap tuners, not change the TV inputs. All he needs to do is press the Red button and then swap.

Exactly! Thanks for the feedback, I will pass it on and see if that works for him.