522 Activation

You should be able to connect two 522's to one dish with a 34 switch or quad and be allowed to activate two 522's on an account. I been looking for a 522 myself around the $100-135 range. I got mine a little while back for $119 buy it now price with two remotes all sealed in the box and must missed out on getting a new one without the remotes that just went for $102.

I was watching the auction and the phone rang and I totally forgot before the auction ended. I should have made a bid but dont like to do so until right before the auction ends so I dont get in a competing war.

once u get 522 installed and activated, do u have to pay the VOD fees and or outlet fees twice, if you connect 522 for two TVs? I currently have two connetions(301 and 510). If I replace with 522, would I end up paying the same or less?

You would have to pay the VOD fee which is $5 unless you have the AEP (America's Everything Package). You would have to pay the additional outlet fee on the second tuner of those receivers if the phoneline does not remain connected to a receiver that has two tuners with two tv outputs.

I bought on off ebay over a month ago... Had to ask for the "executive level" to get it activated... I have been a DISH customer almost 8 years now, I am glad I got a 522.

Now that the 522 and 322 are available for sale. You should be able to activate by calling like you would any other receiver.

Starting today you do not need to call the Executive Offices anymore. Dish 522 and 322's are now available to all and are available for purchase.

still wont activate

Somebody needs to inform Dish CSR's about this.
Just got a new 522. CSR verified that it was new and never activated but still refused to activate saying it was a lease only receiver. CSR even claimed to have checked with supervisor but was told lease only. Guess I will try ceo@echostar.com

^^^^ Why am I not surprised? The CSR's never seem to know anything. E-mailing the ceo address is probably still the least painful and fastest way to go about activating one of these units. They called me back within 10 minutes of my e-mailing them.