522 Activation

So now that i have purchased a 522 on ebay just like you all. How can I activate it? The same thing happened to me where they said it would be no problem and not that i have spent $200 it is.

Thanks

Tyler

TylerR said:
So now that i have purchased a 522 on ebay just like you all. How can I activate it? The same thing happened to me where they said it would be no problem and not that i have spent $200 it is.

Thanks

Tyler

I sent an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com with my receiver and smart card numbers along with my contact info. I explained that I purchased a brand new receiver nd wanted to get it activated. Someone called me back within 10 minutes and I had it activated 2 minutes later. As long as your receiver has never been activated or was never a "leased" receiver then you should be good to go.

Good luck,

MountainMan

chaddux said:
A Nielsen household for the week of February 24 - March 2

I could be wrong, but I think divulging your status with the Nielsen organization is against their rules.

I think it took about fifteen minutes to get my 522 activated.

Pepper said:
I could be wrong, but I think divulging your status with the Nielsen organization is against their rules.

Nope. Wrong. Visitors to your home are encouraged to write what they watch while at your home.

"Please write down what you watch while at our house in this diary. I can't tell you why and you can't look at the front cover which certainly doesn't say 'Nielsen TV Ratings TV Viewing Diary for the Household of:' on it.

I know this is an old thread but I have also considered buying a 522 DVR via ebay since DISH refuses to make it available to current customers without a lease purchase program. I called DISH last night (b/c my 510 DVR crashed and I had to activate the new one) and spoke with the tech person. He assured me that as long as the receiver has not been stolen or activated with a balance that I should be able to put it on to me account. However, earlier I spoke with a guy that said that I could not. I told him a hypothetical situation of a random person trying to sell it that I could buy it from and he wanted me to give him that person's name and account information so that he can look it up (I think that's a violation of that person's privacy rights). I couldn't take his attitude any longer so I hung up. In any case, I'm still debating whether or not I want to buy this receiver from ebay or if I want to wait until it's available for purchase.

I am considering buying one rather than lease one because under the Dishinitup program they want to take both my 510's that I lease. Nooooway. That would leave me with one buggy receiver for two rooms minus 100 hrs record time, plus I would have to run another line.The only stable receiver I would have would be my 301 which is in the 3rd bedroom. I am finished running lines. 4 cable and three telephone lines is enough. It's a possibility I may just get another 510 running 2 to 1 tv.
Just my .02

I would think that they would give you the option to keep both 510's if you own them instead of making you trade them in.

I am buying a 522 from someone. I called to make sure that the receiver was not a leased receiver and did not have a balance but did not think about asking to see if I would have a problem getting it activated. I am I going to have a problem getting it activated or now that they are offering it to all customers will it be a non-issue??

I bought a 522 from eBay on Sunday that I received yesterday, and had it activated by emailing my request to ceo@dishnetwork.com, as instructed here. Before I purchased it, I had the seller give me the receiver (R00...) and smartcard (S00...) numbers, and I called the regular Dish help number and confirmed that the receiver had never been activated.

Before I found this forum, I sent an email to the regular help address, and SIX :mad: days later got a response that they would not activate a 522 purchased from eBay. But after reading the posts here, I knew that was not really the case. :rolleyes:

I sent an email with the receiver info and all my subscriber info to the ceo address last night around 10:30pm MST. Amazingly, I got an email response within 10 minutes, asking if I wanted to add the 522 to my account or replace one of my existing boxes. :shocked I replied that I wanted to retire my 301 and keep my 510, and within another 10 minutes or so, I got a reply that I was all setup. :D The regular CSRs need to take note - this is the way to do business and keep happy customers.

Thanks to the info I found on this site, everything went more smoothly than I could have imagined. Now I'll see if my 522 suffers from the bugs everyone else is reporting, but at least I know what to expect. (And despite the glitches, it's still very cool technology.)

BTW - I paid $201 delivered to my door, for a brand new, factory sealed unit. Dish is ridiculous to think I would pay them $149 up front and then $5/mo forever and never own the equipment.

fr8flyr said:
I am not a Dish Home member and I have a 522 that I purchased on e-bay. I had to get a supervisor to get it activated but it wasn't a big problem.

Earl

are they charging you a lease fee?

I replaced two receivers with my purchased 522. My bill changed by a penny (2nd receiver fee replaced with VOD fee). No lease fee here, I own it all.

Pepper said:
I replaced two receivers with my purchased 522. My bill changed by a penny (2nd receiver fee replaced with VOD fee). No lease fee here, I own it all.
Does the seller you purchased the 522 have more? I am interested in buying a 522, and if you purchased from a reliable seller with more to sell please post his ebay username here or private message me with the username if you would rather do so.

macinnis

I have no problem mentioning the name of my reliable seller: kidcash7. I don't think he has any for sale right now but probably will again.

Active 2 522 Recievers???

I purchased 2 522 recievers brand new, never activated. I wonder if I could activate both of them on my account. Is it even possible to have 2 522's connected to one dish? Maybe one setup for 2 TV's and the other in dual tuner/single TV mode.

If I can't do it then I'll have a new in box 522 for sale.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)