522 Comprehensive Bug List and Feature Wish List

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
More features from my wishlist:

* Add the following new options to the timer setup screen
Keep at most X episodes (for re-occuring timers, like Tivo)
Keep for X days (like Tivo)
* Ability to cut down the size of a completed PVR recording
This feature would allow you to trim PVR recordings that are too long
Ex: Add two new "edit PVR event" buttons
1) Erase from beginnning of event to current location
2) Erase from current location to end of event
* Ability to specify multiple channels on a Dish Pass (more than 1, less than all)
* More advanced options for search/Dish Pass (ex: +TNG +"star trek" -"making of")
* Wilcards for search/Dish Pass

I spoke too soon on the "hide locked channel" feature. The locked channels are hidden on the guide, but they still show up on searches and themes.

OK, for what it's worth,

1. I have updated the bug list.

2. The new "sponsored links" from InterTXT interspersed within the text is very annoying. Scott, please consider getting rid of it.

New Bug

Since L232, the receiver sometimes freezes up while browsing the guide or doing a search. Sometimes it comes back in a few seconds but other times it starts the hard drive diagnostics which runs for a few minutes then reboots.

A feature I'd really like to see

The feature I'd most like to see is this:

When I set up a timer for a recording, I'd like it to record.

I think this should be placed fairly high on the programmers' priority list - is that really too much to ask for from a DVR??!??!??!??!??!??!?

I cannot get my remote to respond at times with my 522. Its getting pretty annoying. I am controlling it with the Room 2 UHF PRO remote in the same room as the receiver. I have the UHF antenna connected to a peice of RG-6 coax placed on top of the receiver where I can see the entire antenna. The remote has new batteries in it.

While watching a recording of "Lost", the picture froze, then the sound stopped. It wouldn't respond to Play, Reverse, Forward, etc. I had to stop, go to live TV, then go back to the DVR screen and Resume. This happened twice during the same show, and the second time I had to reboot! It was recording another show at the time, so I lost a few minutes of that as well. I haven't seen this problem before or since then.

Looks like L233 is in limited (beta?) release. My active box is still L232 but the unsubscribable one I got at goodwill is L233.

What about permanent sorting for the event list other than the sort by date? I hate resorting alphabetically repeatedly. :)

Brad

I have noticed that sometimes when I unpause a show the progress bar and timer clock will still be appeared at the bottom while the show is playing.

Another (NBR related) bug.

An odd NBR bug:

Create a "record new" for a semi-generic name (like "auto racing"). When there are two matching shows adjacent to each other it does two things wrong:

1) Uses two tuners (because of the 3 minute overlap)
2) The first event will capture *both* shows -- it doesn't stop recording at the correct time. The second event will record correctly.

My biggest irritation at the moment is coming home and finding 2 or 3 shows that were programmed with the NEW function all having the same name on the Event List -- one right after another. Anyone else having this problem? :mad:

It's been a while, L235 is widely available now, so I updated the lists in the first post. Also updated my web page.

Just wanted to thank you for maintaining that list. If we could just get Dish to read it.......

My biggest peeves:

DVR playback, and occasionally "live": audio dropouts, some audio sync problems, "peep", occasional pixelization
Everyone probably agrees that this is the most critical bug and must be fixed as soon as possible even if it means other fixes and features are delayed. This *may* have improved over the past few releases but is definitely not *fixed* yet.

DVR Recording: If multiple recordings are scheduled on the same channel, copy the last "four" (1 min early + 3 min late) minutes of what it just recorded, and tack that on the beginning of what it's recording now (which started 3 minutes late), thus resulting in two complete recordings but only one tuner used to do it. (thanks to jabels for this idea)

NBR bug

Another bug that I've run into:

Sometimes the daily schedule is not updated properly on NBR timers, causing you to miss shows that should be recorded. This has happened twice to me, and I've posted it here and found two other people with the same problem. Sometimes you can fix this by rebooting the DVR several times and hoping it will kick into its daily schedule NBR routine. But I've had to recreate the timers twice because I could not get the original timers to pick up and schedule the events they're supposed to record.

One guy who replied to my post thought it had to do with some problem when the online guide downloads overnight and somehow it doesn't download properly or gets corrupted.

Another bug I've noticed: The Schedule page doesn't show all skipped events. It shows some, but not all. I especially notice this on Wednesday nights. I had both West Wing and Alias recording from 9-10 and Good Eats from 10-10:30. The problem is that Alias usually runs past its scheduled time. If that is the tuner used for Good Eats, Alias gets cut off. My solution is to skip GE at 10 and record it when it re-runs at 2AM. However, the 2AM showing doesn't show up in the list so I have to hunt it down in the guide and restore it from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)