522 Extra Remote

rocko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
I purchased a new never used 522 remote off e-bay and need help programming it. Have tried the instructions in the user manual that came with my new dish 522 but to no avail. Can someone help or direct me to a step by step set up of this new remote please? It will be for tv 2 the uhf remote,the blue tagged one.

I want to use it as a second remote on my upstairs sanyo tv, but I cant get it to operate either the satellite dish or the sanyo tv at all. I just wanted a second remote for my second tv on the uhf remote. I want it to do what the blue tagged remote that came with the system is already doing. Does that make sense?

Sort of - the blue tagged remote is already UHF if the remote you purchased is green tagged then it is only I.R. for TV1 Look at the remote and see if it says UHF on the tag. Or look on the back, that will tell you the model and type of remote you have. I think you bought another TV1 remote.

So you want to use the remote as a second TV2 remote? Ok that's simple.

First on the 522 press sys info and find what the TV2 remote address is.
Now on the new remote, hold down sat until it blinks.
Then enter the TV2 remote address.
Then hit #

There you go.

Thanks for the reply it worked but now the original remote wont work cause the address is changed-what I want to do is to be able to have 2 remotes work the same tv. Is this possible?

That shouldn't have changed the address on the other remote. You can have both remotes having the same address.

Do the same proccess again on both remotes just incase something went wrong

I tried it every which way-if I change one then the other one wont work-started out on 3-just the original one would work-changed it to 6 either one or the other would work on 6 but not both. Any more suggestions?

You shouldn't be changing the address number of the receiver or the 1st remote. All it should do is set the second remote you have to the same number the 1st remote is.

So say right now the remote that's working is set to six, so take the other remote hit sat 6 #

This should work...

It doesnt work though-thats what I tried several times-the first remote was set to 3 - I tried setting the second remote to 3 but it wont take it-tried it at 6 and it takes it but then the first one wont work.

Hmm. What does it say on the remote. I just tried changing a UHF remote I have to the same address the uhf remote of my second receiver and it works just fine.

What BFG is saying, is if the TV@ remote address is set at 6 you need to programs both TV2 or Blue remotes to address 6. The users manual will tell you how to program the remote address or do as BFG said above, though I believe your last step should be to hit record once or twice. The remote address HAS to be the same on both remotes, not the T.V's Then to get the remotes to work the T.V's i.e. volume/off/on you will need to program the remote to the brands of T.V's I have four UHF remotes in 4 different rooms working off of 1 508 receiver and 3 different brands of T.V's All my remotes are set at remote address #8 Let us know how it turns out.

You only need to hit record if your changing the remote address of the receiver, but that's not what he's doing so I didn't say that ;)

Sorry guys been busy working couldnt get back to ya-thanks for all the help but no matter what I try it still doesnt seem to work with 2 remotes-have tried different addresses even changing the original one and nothing seems to work-I,m sure its me but its driving me nuts! "Short drive" :)

After all that trouble the problem was with the remote I purchased-got another one and was able to program it in abt 1 minute! Thanks for the help guys. By the way got a full refund for the first one I purchased.

steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)